Several Problems with depth mapping, need to fix ASAP

1.Which seller did you purchase the product(s) from?
Other Arducam Distributor (Tokopedia)
2.The Model number of the product(s) you have purchased?
IMX219 8MP For Raspberry Pi
3.Which Platform are you using the product(s) on?
Raspberry Pi 4B
4.Which instruction are you following?
https://www.arducam.com/docs/cameras-for-raspberry-pi/synchronized-stereo-camera-hat/opencv-and-depth-map-on-arducam-stereo-camera-hat-tutorial/#video-tutorial
5.Has your product ever worked properly?
work intermittently
6.What problems are you experiencing?
Dear @wong or anyone else, i’m trying to use this method for detecting stairs like this and i’ve got several problems, the green image was already fixed, and my next problem is on the calibration, i still can’t do calibration even though the frame image already fixed, and the output image is messed up too after i rotate the image, so what should i do ? need fast reply ASAP, thank you
7.What attempts at troubleshooting have you already made?
ask a friend
8.How would you like us to help you?
show the solutions step by step

for my collecting image calibration on 2chess_cycle.py, my chessboard is look like this and i took 30 frames, but still cannot calibrate

and the message is like this

@wong or anyone else next, about this, first time when i tried this method, actually this data is already good, but it was upside down on the 5_dm_tune.py, at least it can shows the stairs picture even though a bit messed up, is it because of the calibration failure ? need fast reply ASAP thank you

@wong and for the 6_dm_video.py when i tried your syntax last time, the image is rotated but, the left and right image got rotated too and becomes upside-down, so i asked my friend to help me by rotating left and right image instead, and the output is so different from the preview on the previous program, it didn’t show the object (stairs), why is this happening ? and what should i do for fix it ? need your reply ASAP thank you

Hi @AldifaJulian

@wong or anyone else next, about this, first time when i tried this method, actually this data is already good, but it was upside down on the 5_dm_tune.py, at least it can shows the stairs picture even though a bit messed up, is it because of the calibration failure ? need fast reply ASAP thank you
I told you in the previous post that the upside-down is because the left and right cameras are reversed
i asked my friend to help me by rotating left and right image instead
Try not to rotate the image, the results of 6_dm_video.py and 5_dm_tune.py should be the same.

@wong i’m doing my camera with this position like this, the output image is like the first picture on my post

@wong or should i do on this position for the camera ? and please answer about my calibration too, need fast reply ASAP thank you

@wong Try not to rotate the image, the results of 6_dm_video.py and 5_dm_tune.py should be the same.

should i return the program to normal for the 6_dm_video.py ?

Hi @AldifaJulian

@wong or should i do on this position for the camera ? and please answer about my calibration too, need fast reply ASAP thank you
Yes.
should i return the program to normal for the 6_dm_video.py ?
Yes.

Yes

@wong if i do that, then the 1st and 2nd program should be rotated am i right ? Please elaborate more, and how about my calibration ? Need fast reply ASAP Thank you

Hi @AldifaJulian

First, you need to use the unmodified program, and on this basis, do the following steps:

1. Fix the direction problem according to this post
  2. Fix the green frame problem according to this post.

Note: These two steps need to modify the three files 1_test.py, 2_chess_cycle.py, 6_dm_video.py

I cannot answer your calibration questions until you solve the above problems because you have used the modified procedure and I cannot be sure where the problem is.

@aldifaJulian
halo, boleh share no telp/wa ke [email protected], kebetulan saya membeli produk yg sama dan masih kesulitan, mungkin kita bisa saling bantu

Hi @wong
I also have images upside down (i.e. in the 1_test.py) with my dual 8MP IMX219 camera. Unfortunately the post you link to above is gone. What is the solution?
thanks,
Ethan

The previous link has changed due to a forum update, you can view the new link:

1. Fix the direction problem according to this
    python3 6_dm_video.py is upside-down
  2. Fix the green frame problem according to this
    Python3 1_test.py is unstable