Install_pivariety_pkgs.sh update and FAQ

Hi arducam,
I found the new kernels have merged in support for imx519 and autofocus: dtoverlays: Add VCM option to imx519 · raspberrypi/linux@3d207e2 · GitHub

That is great! I added the focus algorithm section to imx519.json executed rpi-update to latest kernels 6.10 and autofocus is working great without needing any custom drivers.

You have any plans to merge updated tuning file and support for Pdaf in native libcamera also?
That would be a huge improvement!

@mgrl

We already support pdaf.
We have upgraded libcamera synchronously

I was asking for whether there are plans to merge your separate customization into the native libcamera branch. I would like to avoid installing separate packages via a script.

@mgrl

This is planned, but the actual time has not been confirmed yet, I will make a sticky announcement and continue to update the progress

1 Like

Thats great news. There are some people discussing this over in raspi forum also: Autofocus in Libcamera (for Arducam 16MP camera) - Raspberry Pi Forums Would really be apreciated.

@mgrl

Okay.

We had a lot of shortcomings before, but we have been improving. User feedback is especially important.

I will update the thread below with any updates.

Yes, those are the tutorials I’ve been following.

I’ve also tried grabbing the latest build:
2023-03-22_2023-02-21-octopi-bullseye-armhf-lite-1.1.0.zip

I’ll give your custom build a shot, but believe I’ve tried in the past.

Hi i got same problem in arducam.

my camera : B0264
my system : raspberry pi 4B 64bit
my os : raspberry pi OS bullseye 6.1.23-v8 kernel

when i do “sudo ./install_pivariety_pkgs.sh -d”
the system show me like below.

I did apt-update and apt-upgrade.

@Ch_ant

at 6.x ,you dont need use scrpt install camera drive.
just edit the config

sudo vi /boot/config.txt

add dtoverlay=arducam-pivariety in the last line.

then reboot and try again.

By the way, the libcamera stiil need to install

sudo ./install_pivariety_pkgs.sh -p libcamera
sudo ./install_pivariety_pkgs.sh -p libcamera_apps

1 Like

Thanks for let me know!

but i still cant get any image TT

the error massage shows like below

camera just shows some ‘buzz’ images…

@Ch_ant

Fine.

I can help using remote software.
You can contact mine email [email protected]

There doesn’t seem to be any authoritative documentation for the 64mp camera installation. I bumped into this by chance after spending an hour googling for information on how to install this camera.

Fresh raspbian bullseye install on a RPI 4B+ 4G (update/upgrade/etc.)

>uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 6.1.21-v8+ #1642 SMP PREEMPT Mon Apr  3 17:24:16 BST 2023 aarch64 GNU/Linux
>cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)"
NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="11"
VERSION="11 (bullseye)"
VERSION_CODENAME=bullseye
ID=debian
HOME_URL="https://www.debian.org/"
SUPPORT_URL="https://www.debian.org/support"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.debian.org/"
>tail /boot/config.txt

[pi4]
# Run as fast as firmware / board allows
arm_boost=1

[all]
dtparam=i2c_vc=on
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtoverlay=arducam-pivariety

When I run sudo ./install_pivariety_pkgs.sh -p libcamera above, this warning comes up:

<...>
Get:1 /home/gus/Downloads/libcamera0_0.git20230321+74d023d8-1_arm64.deb libcamera0 arm64 0~git20230321+74d023d8-1 [681 kB]
(Reading database ... 101502 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../libcamera0_0.git20230321+74d023d8-1_arm64.deb ...
Unpacking libcamera0:arm64 (0~git20230321+74d023d8-1) over (0~git20230321+74d023d8-1) ...
Setting up libcamera0:arm64 (0~git20230321+74d023d8-1) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.31-13+rpt2+rpi1+deb11u5) ...
W: Repository is broken: libcamera0:arm64 (= 0~git20230321+74d023d8-1) has no Size information
--2023-05-02 18:46:26--  https://github.com/ArduCAM/Arducam-Pivariety-V4L2-Driver/releases/download/libcamera-v0.0.5/libcamera-dev_0.git20230321+74d023d8-1_arm64.deb
<...>

Still no camera:

>libcamera-jpeg --list-cameras
No cameras available!
1 Like

@grubba

You can refer to our documentation, we have made some distinctions for the kernel version.
https://docs.arducam.com/Raspberry-Pi-Camera/Native-camera/Quick-Start-Guide/#arducam-pi-hawk-eye-64mp-cameras

For 6.1.19 onwards, you only need to change the configuration file for the camera driver.

Ha! That did it. I had gone through so many iterations I had lost track of what is what. There is simply way too much bad information on the web, which must make your job insane.

I had that at some point in my config file. I think it was added by install_pivariety_pkgs.sh when using -d in one of the zillion times I tried something. It added it to the end of the file (under [all]) but it was commented off. I did uncomment it but it didn’t make any difference. I now realized that the added line was dtoverlay=arducam_64mp (underscore) instead of dtoverlay=arducam-64mp.

I just replaced the _ with an - and it is finally working!

Thank you!

1 Like

Hey, I need some help cause I’m currently struggling with the “Quick Start Guide for Arducam CamArray HAT Kit”.

I’m trying to use a B0264 and B0331 products on a RPI 4B. However, for both of them, I get a freezed black screen while using the commands libcamera-hello libcamera-still etc.

Here is the process I followed:

• flash the latest stable image from Raspberry Pi Imager on a 32Gb SDcard
  • run “update” “upgrade” etc
  • add “dtoverlay=arducam-pivariety” to the config file
  • install libcamera from the github repository

Some more info about my situation, and demo of the issue…

Thanks !

@damileboss

Can you take a picture of the hardware connection?

@Edward
Of course there you go:

The system wasn’t under voltage while taking the pictures, but the red LED on the PCB turns well on.
I have tested the connections with an ohmmeter and everything looks ok.

By the way, a single camera like the B0392 (with « camera_auto_detect=0 » and « dtoverlay=imx219 ») works fine, so the issue seems to be coming from the array configuration.

@damileboss

May I ask when you purchased the camera? The firmware appears to be outdated.

Hello, I’m trying to install the arducam 64mp camera on my Raspberry Pi Zero. I’m struggling to understand which is the right procedure. This far this I’ve followed this guide:

Quick Start - Arducam Wiki)

up to Step 4: Modify Config file.
I tried to modify the file adding “dtoverlay=imx519” at the end, I tried alternatively to add “dtoverlay=arducam-64mp” and “dtoverlay=arducam-pivariety” as @Edward suggested to other users before.
I’m still getting a *** no camera available *** message whenever I try to use the camera with libcamera-hello

Any suggestions?

@marcocava

If you are using the Arducam-64MP camera, please refer to the corresponding section.