I am completely new to ArduCam and need your help please.
I am interested to build a stereo cam for still images (still images only no video!).
Here what I need:
- 2 x 12MP IMX477 module with camarray
- Raspi 4 or similar, preferred Pi Zero because of smaller form factor
- Use GPIO pin of Rasp Pi to trigger/shoot photo
- Zero (or almost zero) delay to take pictures - so raspistill would be problematic I think.
- Full 12MP resolution of left and right image - no side by side compression
- Use battery power to take camera out, 2 hours the cam shoud work before recharging
Is that possible?
Especially does the camarray work with Pi zero or only Pi 4 / 3+ etc?
Can it work for 2h with battery e.g. 14500 battery?
What cam drivers do I need?
How can I program my cam? Can I use python to take pictures without delay or almost no delay?
Thanks for any help!
About camarray board, we have prepared our hardware.Due to the qcam has some issue on get still image , we are waiting the official update new libcamera. I think our camarray is your good choice.
thanks for reply. But I don’t really understand :-(.
What does that mean?: Due to the qcam has some issue on get still image
And waht does this mean?: we are waiting the official update new libcamera
Are these points fulfilled using IMX477 and camarry or not?:
– 2 x 12MP IMX477 module with camarray
– Raspi 4 or similar, preferred Pi Zero because of smaller form factor
– Use GPIO pin of Rasp Pi to trigger/shoot photo
– Zero (or almost zero) delay to take pictures – so raspistill would be problematic I think.
– Full 12MP resolution of left and right image – no side by side compression
– Use battery power to take camera out, 2 hours the cam shoud work before recharging
And pelase answer following question more precisely:
- Does the camarray work with Pi zero or only Pi 4 / 3+ etc?
- Can it work for 2h with battery e.g. 14500 battery?
- What cam drivers do I need?
- How can I program my cam?
- Can I use python to take pictures without delay or almost no delay?
Thanks for further help…
The camarray board need use qcam to get image. Due to the official qcam is updating, so we have not release camarray board which is still in test stage.
OK thanks but can you tell me please when we can expect camarray working with qcam?
We are waiting for the rpi official release new qcam.
I don’t understand, what is rpi please?
Sorry for my unclear expression and mislead you.
What I mean is that due to now we don’t have software application to receive the image from camarray board. We need to use raspberrypi’s libcamera and qcam tool to receive and display image. But now the raspberrypi is developing and updating libcamera and qcam tool, so we are waiting for them to release new software
I recently purchased the Stereo 12MP Camarray for RPi.
Setup works for the “mode 0”, that is, half side-by-side images.
However, “mode 1” (that should return full side-by-side images) is not displayed when typing the ./list_format command. Further, your website documentation shows the “./arducamstill -t 0 -m 1” command - it returns an error!
Please advise, this was the main reason to purchase the camarray hat!
I have updated our library and add support for arducam stereo hat mode.
Please download our new code and retry .
Hi, I just bought a B0265R kit, and I have the same problem reported by @lupodimonte.
I am using the latest RPI OS image and the latest MIPI_Camera sw downloaded from here:
I have only “Mode 0” available as list_format reports:
/source/MIPI_Camera/RPI $ ./list_format
Found sensor imx477 at address 1A
mode: 0, width: 4056, height: 3040, pixelformat: BA81, desc: (null)
Get ctrl V4L2_CID_FOCUS_ABSOLUTE fail.
index: 0, CID: 0x009A090A, desc: V4L2_CID_FOCUS_ABSOLUTE, min: 0, max: 1023, default: 190, current: 0
close camera status = 0
what am I missing?
It’s our lib’s issue.
Recently, I have update our lib and add imx477 mode 1. Please download our latest lib to try.