Vendor Command Code documentation

1.Which seller did you purchase the product(s) from?
Modify config file. Not much luck
2.The Model number of the product(s) you have purchased?
B0095 and B0158
3.Which Platform are you using the product(s) on?
Linux
4.Which instruction are you following?
Online docs
5.Has your product ever worked properly?
Yes, works. now having problems modifying config
6.What problems are you experiencing?
Hi there,

Is it possible to get more documentation on the USB Camera Shield Vendor Commands please? Specifically the USB2.0 Vendor Command Codes, Iā€™m using USB2 Camera Shield Rev D.

Looking at the top of https://github.com/ArduCAM/ArduCAM_USB_Camera_Shield/blob/master/Config/USB2.0_UC-391_Rev.D/DVP/OV5640/OV5640_auto_facu_JPG_8b_2592x1944_8fps.cfg I see

[board parameter]
VRCMD = 0xD7, 0x4600, 0x0100, 1, 0x05
VRCMD = 0xD7, 0x4600, 0x0200, 1, 0x03
VRCMD = 0xD7, 0x4600, 0x0300, 1, 0xC0
VRCMD = 0xD7, 0x4600, 0x0300, 1, 0x40
VRCMD = 0xD7, 0x4600, 0x0400, 1, 0x00
VRCMD = 0xD7, 0x4600, 0x0A00, 1, 0x02

None of these seem to have any explanation in the SDK docs? https://www.arducam.com/downloads/shields/USB_Shield/ArduCAM_USB_Camera_SDK_Guide_V1.3.pdf Can you please provide a full vendor command list?

One reason Iā€™m asking this is that Iā€™m trying to modify the config to get the camera to return YUV instead of JPG (I donā€™t care about slow frame rate at this point) and itā€™s not clear if the Vendor Commands at the top of the file need to be modified to support this. If you also have a config file to support OV5640 in YUV on the USB 2 Shield Rev D then that would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Alan
7.What attempts at troubleshooting have you already made?

8.How would you like us to help you?
Docs for vendor commands and extra config file if possible

1 Like

I managed to piece together a working YUV config using the code at the end of the application note and the existing auto focus config supplied for OV5640 in the git repo. Main thing I learned there was ā€˜delay the system power up to the very endā€™ :stuck_out_tongue:

For anyone interested the config is https://gist.github.com/abroun/a03df0af96f3775d62c80e54c2146a01.

Would still be interested to understand the vendor commands though.

Cheers

Alan

Hi @adlb ,

This is the OV5640 YUV configuration file, please try it.

Ā 

Hi, I hope itā€™s OK to add to this thread, I would also like to know the definition of the VRCMD settings in the .cfg files.

I want to add a different camera (actually output from a MIPI converter) which has some definitions such as Lanes=1, Gear=8, 30 FPS, 300 x 300 pixels, RAW10, etc. How can I configure this please?

1. Where did you get the camera module(s)?
    UCTRONICS
  2. Model number of the product(s).
    UC-980 Rev B
  3. What hardware/platform were you working on?
    Windows
  4. Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)
    General USB shield instructions (for Rev D/E)
  5. Problems you were having.
    I donā€™t know how to configure the interface
  6. The dmesg log from your hardware.
  7. Troubleshooting attempts youā€™ve made.
    I check that the shield is working OK with an official camera, OV7251
  8. What help do you need?
    A description of the VRCMD registers please!

@Ev0

VRCMD is to configure the CPLD registers.

Register Descriptionļ¼š

1 Like

Thank you very much, this looks like the settings I need. But - the USB2 Camera shield that I received is UC-980 Rev B. Is that register map valid for this one?

@Ev0

Iā€™m sorry.
This document does not apply to ā€œRev. Bā€, UC-391 Rev. B has been discontinued for many years.

ā€œRev. Bā€ is also limited in functionality and there are not many registers to configure.

Hi Edward, I received this board last week, ordered direct from UCTRONICS. This is obsolete? Or which document applies to this one?

@Ev0

I will check with them again on the working day, please donā€™t worry.

Rev B is the latest version, and the documentation has not been updated. But the content is consistent, you can use the previous UC391_E version of the manual.

1 Like