I’m trying to use the ArduCam mini OV5642 5MB with FIFO with a PIC32MX795L512L.
I already have communication with the camera via I2C and SPI, but when writing to the register 0x04 bit = 1 to “start capture” nothing happens.
I keep reading register 0x41 bit: “camera capture done flag” and it doesn’t change.
I have the SCL clock running at 8MHz and based my programm in the Arduino Library, just addapted the functions to work with PIC32.
The procedure I’m doing is as follows:
- Configure Chip Select as OUTPUT and set high.
- Start SPI and I2C
- Check if ArduCamp SPI bus is OK (write to register 0x00 and then read it, if it’s the same we get the OK)
- Check if the camera module type is OV5642 (Read register 0x300A and it should be 0x56, read register 0x300B and it should be 0x42)
- Set format to JPEG
- Configure JPEG capture and image size.
- Write register 0x03 bit = 1 for VSYNC active low (I also tried active high)
- Clear fifo flag
- Write register 0x01 to take a single photo
- Flush fifo and clear fifo flag
- Write register 0x04 bit = 1 to “start capture”
- Wait for register 0x41 bit: “camera capture done flag” to be up
Can you tell me if I’m missing something?
Because I can’t make this work
Thanks in advance.