Unclear how to get color from B0429

  1. Where did you get the camera module(s)?
    Arducam

  2. Model number of the product(s)?
    B0249

  3. What hardware/platform were you working on?
    Jetson Orin NX

  4. Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)
    Quick Start Guide - Arducam Wiki

  5. Problems you were having?
    Documentation is not clear. I’m not sure how to get color images off of this camera and into gstreamer for example.
    Am I supposed to use a Jetvariety adapter board for this camera?
    The documentation shows a gstreamer python tool here Quick Start Guide - Arducam Wiki
    But is that just for the OV2311 and OV9281 cameras? Is there a way to get gstreamer working with the B0429 or just those 2 cameras?
    I am able to see the greyscale video but not the color feed.
    Should I be using the B0579 camera instead of the B0429?

  6. The dmesg log from your hardware?
    I’m not sure if this applicable, the camera is showing up ok I just don’t know how to decode the BA10 stream:
    $ ls /dev/video*
    /dev/video0
    $ v4l2-ctl --list-formats-ext
    ioctl: VIDIOC_ENUM_FMT
    Type: Video Capture

     [0]: 'Y16 ' (16-bit Greyscale)
             Size: Discrete 1920x1200
             Size: Discrete 1920x1080
             Size: Discrete 1280x720
     [1]: 'BA10' (10-bit Bayer GRGR/BGBG)
             Size: Discrete 1920x1200
             Size: Discrete 1920x1080
             Size: Discrete 1280x720
    
  7. Troubleshooting attempts you’ve made?
    I’ve tried a lot of things from the MIPI_camera github but it’s been a bit aimless. What is the recommended way to get the color stream off the camera into gstreamer?

  8. What help do you need?
    I just need pointed in the right direction or even be told is what I’m trying to do is possible. Is the expectation that I need to demosaic the image manually or has that been done by Arducam somewhere already?