Unable to install ov64a40 kernel driver

1. Where did you get the camera module(s)?
    Arducam

2. Model number of the product(s)?
    OwlSight OV64A40

3. What hardware/platform were you working on?
    Raspberry Pi 4

4. Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)
    64MP OwlSight - Arducam Wiki

5. Problems you were having?
    Attempting to execute ./install_pivariety_pkgs.sh -p ov64a40_kernel_driver fails:

2023-12-22 10:59:35 (218 KB/s) - ‘ov64a40_kernel_driver_links.txt’ saved [534/534]
./install_pivariety_pkgs.sh: line 543: [: too many arguments

As a result the dtoverlay for the camera won’t work and I can’t use libcamera to access the camera.

1. What help do you need?
    How can I get this kernel installed

Same issues here

1. Where did you get the camera module(s)?
    Directly from the Arducam store

2. Model number of the product(s)?
    OwlSight OV64A40

3. What hardware/platform were you working on?
    Pi Compute Module 4 + Waveshare IO Base C board.

4. Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)
    64MP OwlSight - Arducam Wiki

5. Problems you were having?
    ./install_pivariety_pkgs.sh: line 543: [: too many arguments

Huge letdown by Arducam. The Hawkeye was painful and never worked as advertised. Now i can’t get the owlsight to work And your forum post on it went unanswered for the last 18 days so I don’t have a lot of hope.

I was using Bullseye previously because the Hawkeye wouldn’t work on Bookworm, but I moved to Bookworm and the install process for the Owlsight worked. I’m not sure if the Hawkeye will still work though.

Hi,
Hawkeye is able to use on Bookworm. You may miss some steps.

Hey mate,

It looks like there is a hold up on the software being merged into the main library.

I can see a PR on hold here: Add support for Arducam OV64A40 64MPx camera module by jmondi · Pull Request #84 · raspberrypi/libcamera · GitHub

I am in the same boat as you right now. I can’t use the cameras on RPi5 without the software being fixed up. Feel free to put some pressure on in the Pull Request like I have.

There is also the small issue around the config.txt file moving. I explained that over here: Change in /boot/config.txt to /boot/firmware/config.txt · Issue #48 · ArduCAM/Arducam-Pivariety-V4L2-Driver · GitHub

I manually installed the bits needed from the install script. Happy to be more specific if you need.

I ran into this exact error, I fixed it by changing line 543 to:

if [ "$VERSION" = '6.1.21' ] && [ "$package" = "64mp" ]; then

You may need to fix the syntax as necessary, look at the quote structure.

The online documentation stops there, seemingly assuming the driver was installed. But I saw that all it did was download a .txt file with some links, so I downloaded the driver (your driver link will differ):

wget https://github.com/ArduCAM/Arducam-Pivariety-V4L2-Driver/releases/download/Arducam_pivariety_v4l2_v1.0/imx708_b0311_kernel_driver.tar.gz

Then I expanded the tar.gz file, went into the Release folder, and ran the install_driver.sh script. Arducam is now working.