Two sets (8 cameras total) of 16MP IMX519 Quad-Camera on Pi5 or CM5?

Is it possible to connect two sets of B0388 (16 MP IMX519 Quad-Camera) on one Pi5 or CM5? I want to take still images (not video), so two still images would contain 8 camera captures at 1/4th resolution.

Hi @simplesimon,
We have a customized Octopus Bundle Kit ready that perfectly accords to your project :sunglasses:
Eight cameras are attached to two HAT boards via HDMI cable on one Pi 5.


Please reach out at [email protected] for further information about this setup!

-Dion

Hi @Dion, thank you for the information about the Octopus Bundle Kit. So far, I purchased one set of B0388 and tested it on Pi4 running bookworm, and I put each of the four cameras on a mini-servo. I’ll continue to develop that project, but if I end up needing 8 cameras controlled by one Pi, it’s good to know about this option!

Would the Octopus Bundle Kit work alongside a Raspberry Pi M.2 HAT+ for NMVe storage? Mainly, are there any issues with I2C conflicts or power?

Hi,
I cannot guarantee the full compatibility between the Octopus Bundle Kit and Raspberry Pi M.2 HAT+ because we haven’t verified the feasibility :sweat:

I will be receiving a Pi 5 and M.2 HAT+ next week, so I will be able to try it out with one set of B0388 (16 MP IMX519 Quad-Camera)