Stereo camera hat 5mp - setting exposure

Platform: Pi 4 Buster.
Device 5mp stereo hat
Latest MIPI library.

I need to have control over the exposure and shutter speed of the cameras. If I run ‘list_format’ then the only controls it shows are h-flip and v-flip;
index: 0, CID: 0x00980914, desc: V4L2_CID_HFLIP, min: 0, max: 1, default: 0, current: 0
index: 1, CID: 0x00980915, desc: V4L2_CID_VFLIP, min: 0, max: 1, default: 0, current: 0

I know that the camera does support exposure and shutter speed controls since I can set them using raspistill. Raspistill won’t let me use the full resolution of the cameras so I need a solution using MIPI.

Thanks in advance
Allan

I don’t know why shutter speed and exposure controls are not available through the MIPI library when then camera itself clearly supports them.

Any ideas?

Is it possible to write directly to the control registers? Looking at the OV5647 specification, register addresses 0x3500 - 0x3503 control the exposure. Could I write to these registers from the Pi to set the controls that I need? Is it possible to access the i2c to each of the two cameras?

Ok got a solution. Looks like you can use arducam_write_sensor_reg() to set the controls. The registers to use can be found here https://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Dev/RaspberryPi/ov5647_full.pdf

To set manual modes for example we can set

rc = arducam_write_sensor_reg(camera_instance, 0x3503, 0x07);

this seems to be getting written to both of the cameras.