RuntimeError: No DTB found for NVIDIA Orin NX Developer Kit!

Hi all,
Recently, there are many customers facing the problems when installing the camera driver on Jetson Orin Nx. The error message shows like below. This is because our camera driver is based on the Nvidia official carrier board’s DTB file, the third-party is not compatible with our camera driver. Please check your carried board is official or the third-party.

Selecting previously unselected package arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel.

(Reading database ... 157997 files and directories currently installed.)

Preparing to unpack arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel-t234-nx-5.10.104-tegra-35.3.1-20230725012901_arm64.deb ...

Unpacking arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel (5.10.104-tegra-35.3.1-20230725012901) ...

Setting up arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel (5.10.104-tegra-35.3.1-20230725012901) ...

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/arducam/jetson-io/config-by-hardware.py", line 125, in <module>

main()

File "/opt/arducam/jetson-io/config-by-hardware.py", line 94, in main

jetson = board.Board()

File "/opt/arducam/jetson-io/Jetson/board.py", line 230, in __init__

self.dtb = _board_get_dtb(self.compat, self.model, dtbdir)

File "/opt/arducam/jetson-io/Jetson/board.py", line 114, in _board_get_dtb

raise RuntimeError("No DTB found for %s!" % model)

RuntimeError: No DTB found for NVIDIA Orin NX Developer Kit!

An unknown error occurred while installing dtoverlays.

dpkg: error processing package arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel (--install):

installed arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 255

Errors were encountered while processing:

arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel

Unknown error, please send the error message to [email protected]

Hi,
We currently do not support the third-party carrier board. Hence, if you want to use our cameras on your Jetson Orin Nx module, you need to confirm that you are using the official carrier board.

Hi Dion,

I understand that you’ve chosen not to support orin nx on custom carrier boards, but is there any chance for users to make this work themselves - specifically for arducam-dual?

I see that the DTB files are available for p3767 module on p3768 board - could I get the source config files to compile my own version for p3509 board?

I also see some devices are actually supported with p3767 and p3509 combination, but not arducam-dual - is there some technical challenge that prevents easily adding support for arducam-dual on p3509?

Thanks for any help,
Matthew

Hi Matthew,
Though we want to help you with compability problem, there are too many third-party carriers in the market to support. What a huge work!

Yeah, please contact our sales team for the source jetvariety driver code.

1 Like

Hi Matthew,

I’m currently in a very similar situation and I was wondering if you managed to get your hands on the source config files.

Best regards,
Matteo