Really many Amps needed by Camarray

Hi,
I bought a Camarray, and when I tested it with a Jetson Nano they needed about 3A at 20V because with less they couldn’t boot (stepped down by a converter to 5V…). When I tested it with an Amp-limit on my voltage generator set to 2A, it worked only without the Camarray, but does it really require so much power? I couldn’t find any numbers if it is normal.
Best regards,
Konrad

@Darnok

It doesn’t seem to need that much when I tested

Ok thanks, that what you measured sounds good possible. I’ll try to measure it more exactly soon, and I’d try to find out, if the converter converts 20V 2A to 5V 8A or to 5V 2A. Maybe The converter supplies only 3A, and not 12A, because that would be much less then. Anyhow it’s strange because a very weak powerbank was enough for the Camarray to boot, but probably I just need more information about it to be sure about the issue. I suspect the Camarray only to need much power when booting because I use the Camarray via the pins, and it can only boot when the Jetson Nano is having access to 3A…
Best regards, Konrad

@Darnok

I consulted a hardware engineer, and the exact value he gave me is:5V/0.65A

Ok, thanks, I tested it now. The Camarray needs even with Jetson Nano less than 0,5A (5V) when booting (without cameras attached), so that’s definitely no problem. The issue is really weird, because I normally use it only with a 12V battery, but the voltage generator gave 20V, and 3A, but the Jetson Nano and the camarray could only boot at 22V (of course converted to 5V). Maybe its a combination of problems, but its no issue for me anymore. I think that the voltage dropped a bit more than I planned (but it shouldn’t make a difference, if I change the voltage, because the voltage-converter can handle changes in the voltage), and the camarray was just the last bit to let it collapse. I still don’t know where the issue is exactly, but it works, and probably the Camarray didn’t cause it, so I’d close this topic then.
Best regards, Konrad

@Darnok

Sounds like good news, have a great day.