Problem with changing image parameters (brightness, contrast, exposure and others)

The problem is that changing the parameters has no effect, I change the parameters of exposure, brightness, contrast, but the picture does not change, when I replace the adapter with the one I have from previous orders, the problem does not appear.

For the change i use the default window invoked from OBS studio.

I have several B0279 (imx477 for jetson) cameras that I use in solutions on Windows PCs,
I use the CSI-USB B0278 adapter to connect the cameras.

The problem occurs in the new batch that I purchased (from the official Polish partner of KAMAMI),

(I checked if it is not a matter of cameras, cables or software and the problem is definitely focused on the B0278 adapter board).

below videos from testing the new board vs the old one
(working old B0278) correct operation - YouTube
(not working new B0278) malfunction - YouTube

I also noticed that the board is missing some element, could this be the cause of the problem?

(on the left, the new adapter on which it does not work, on the right the old adapter on which it works)

Are the adapters faulty or am I doing something wrong?

Hi,
We have tested it today and will solve it in the days to come.

Can you please update the topic? In my current project I have 11 of these adapters and none of them are working properly, I’m approaching my deadline to run the whole project and I don’t know what to do.

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply. We have updated the firmware today. You can reburn the firmware and give it a try again.

2 Likes

@Dion thank you! I’m full of hope :slight_smile:

can you tell me how to upload the firmware? where can i find a tool for this

Hi,
Sorry, I thought my colleague had sent the tool to you.
Download the file and and follow the guide video.

1 Like

@Dion thank you very much (yes he sent me right after writing my post), now everything works fine, thank you again!

Hi,
My pleasure. Feel free to contact us if you have any problems.

Hello Dears, I have exatly the same issue and would like to download CommonBurnerAP, but the Google drive does not allow the download to me. @Dion could you please give me download rights for account [email protected]?

Thank you

Hi,
Can you provide me with the product’s link?

Hello Dion, I am not 100% sure what are you asking. Anyway, I will try to respond as best as I can.
The product is B0278. On the PCB is UC-733 Rev. C1. I bought two pieces, each from diferent eshop and both have the same issue → I cannot change any camera parameter (Brightnes, Contrast, and so on) eather in AMCap or in custom OpenCV application. Here are links where I bought them:
Botland
Rpishop

The issue is exactly the same as MateuszL described and I need to fix it ASAP. So, I downloaded succesfully bin file posted above in this thread. I also tried to download CommonBurnerAP from this link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FsZpAohHfuYyWnEYRTYVEFkNaER4ATxp/view but it is not available for public downloading:

The screenshot is in Czech language, but the maining of information in there is “The file is in owner basket” and on the right side “Rights for downloading: readers cannot download the file”.
I need the file to be able load the bin file into B0278 and fix the issue.

I can share what I have:

https://lozowski.net/files/ARDUCAM_CSI_USB_Firmware_Update.zip

Hi Mateusz, thank you a lot for these files! I am going to try the update right now :+1:

Thank you once again and Enjoy the weekend

Milan B.

hi @Dion

I ordered a new batch of cameras and adapters (the same models) and I have a very similar problem…

I recorded it here: https://youtu.be/Gl0-5X7OCxQ

all sliders work except the most important one - for exposure correction, I cannot brighten the image (extend exposure time)

Firmware upload fails, flashing program says ‘Firmware size mismatch!’
error

Can I ask for help, I currently have 14 new sets with this problem and I need to solve it quickly.

Thank you

…continuing the topic, I found one set from a previous order that works properly.
Below are photos with a comparison of Lot Code plates, the old Lot Code: 20230428 work properly, the new Lot Code: 20240128 and 20240220 do not allow changing the exposure,

full size: www.storage.smove.pl/IMG_20240408_091404.jpg

I recorded another comparison video (I changed cameras and the effect was the same - so I am sure it is a CSI adapter -USB B0278)