Pi 5(Bookworm OS) compatibility with Arducam camera

Last month, The Raspberry Pi released a new version of amazing tiny computer—Pi 5. Due to the delivery and other reason, we just received a Raspberry Pi 5 last week. Since the pi5 platform has some differences compared to older Raspberry Pi versions, we need to take the time to make it compatible.
If you face the error log blow, please follow up on this thread and we will update the latest news for compatible camera modules.

> Cannot find the corresponding package, please send the following information to [[email protected]](mailto:[email protected]) 
Hardware Revision: d04170 
Kernel Version: 6.1.0-rpi6-rpi-2712
Package: libcamera -- bookworm-arm64
1 Like

Currently, The OV5647/IMX219/IMX477 camera modules from Arducam are compatible with Raspberry Pi 5. But you need to upgrade your OS via the command below first.
For OV5647:

sudo apt -y update && sudo apt -y upgrade 
sudo apt install -y linux-image-rpi-v8

For IMX477/IMX219:

sudo apt -y update && sudo apt -y upgrade 
1 Like

Hi Dion.
I run a fresh install of Bookworm in RPi 3B+ with an Arducam 16MP camera.
I started following these instructions Quick Start - Arducam Wiki and got a similar error as yours:

Cannot find the corresponding package, please send the following information to [email protected]
Hardware Revision: a22082
Kernel Version: 6.1.0-rpi4-rpi-v8
Package: libcamera – bookworm-arm64

Hi,
That’s true.
We currently do not have support for the IMX519 camera driver on Bookworm OS. However, if you manually enable the camera by adding dtoverlay=imx519 under [all] in the config file, you will be able to see a preview window. Please note that autofocus functionality is not available at this time. We are actively working on making the IMX519 PDAF compatibility available on Bookworm, and we expect to release it by the end of this week or next week. Please stay tuned to this thread for further updates on the progress.

Dion

3 Likes

Any movement on updates? Still looking for that Driver support?

@henri solved it! check it out here

1 Like

yes i tested with arducam 64MP hawkeye

Is that a 519?

Im trying to get the 16mp version to work

no, i think its comething else bcm… something like that. just buy 64mp they are quite cheap and lower its resolution to 16mp :wink:

but as Dion said “dtoverlay=imx519 under [all] in the config file, you will be able to see a preview window”
what u have to do is to put that line into /boot/config.txt

sudo nano /boot/config.txt

[all]
dtoverlay=imx519

thats the only thing u need to make differently from what i did. otherwise follow my instructions

How should we properly configure the mux-cam-4port multi camera board v2.2 on Pi5 Bookworm? Thanks.

BTW, tested the camarray board with 4x imx708 and its working fine.

config.txt:
camera_auto_detect=0
# for cam/disp0 (i2c/88000)
dtoverlay=imx708,cam0
# for cam/disp1 (i2c/80000)
dtoverlay=imx708

Cheers!

https://docs.arducam.com/Raspberry-Pi-Camera/Multi-Camera-CamArray/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Multi-Adapter-Board/

https://docs.arducam.com/Raspberry-Pi-Camera/Multi-Camera-CamArray/Multi-Camera-CamArray/

1 Like

Hi @henri , the documents are for Pi4.

> Warning
> We currently only guarantee that the Camera Adaptation is supported on Raspberry Pi Bullseye systems

Are there instructions for using the Pi5 as it’s newly released with two cam/disp ports? Note that there’s no Rpi Bullseye os for Pi5 but Bookworm OS.

Thanks

yes here are the instructions for setting up 64mp arducam camera on Pi5 bookworm Raspberry Pi 5 and Arducams - #4 by henri

1 Like

Great thanks. BTW, do you have the camera-mux-4port multi cameras (4-mux-1) board v2.2 setup and configs for Pi5 Bookworm os as well?

the boot/config.txt setup should be the same as it was for pi4.
i think putting dtoverlay=camera-mux-4port,cam0-arducam-64mp,cam1-arducam-64mp,cam2-arducam-64mp,cam3-arducam-64mp

make sure u have i2c enabled in raspi-config and follow this guide if u need to install some stuff

then use i2c commands to toggle different cameras

1 Like

Hi Arducam,

There is a known issue on ov5647 failed to determine the link rate when attached to the camera-mux-4port multi camera board v2.2 on Pi5 Bookworm latest build. As the multi camera board is a third party product from RPi, can we get it fix on the Arducam side? Perhaps, adding new suppoert fix the PiVariety?

For more details, see the blow raspberry pi link.
https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?p=2169540#p2169540

Any update on how to address the known issue on ov5647 failed to determine the link rate when attached to the camera-mux-4port multi camera board v2.2 on Pi5 Bookworm latest build?

For more details, see the blow raspberry pi link.
https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?p=2169540#p2169540

Hi
We are checking for this problem, please stay tuned with this post.

1 Like

Happy New Year 2024! Any news this year? :wink: