New 64mb Arducam & Klipper

1. Where did you get the camera module(s)?
    Pihut

2. Model number of the product(s)?

3. What hardware/platform were you working on?
    Klipper

4. Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)
    2 sets of instructions. Ones from site originally, and steps by Edward

5. Problems you were having?
    Can go through all the steps with installing drivers etc but keep getting “no camera found” error

6. The dmesg log from your hardware?

7. Troubleshooting attempts you’ve made?
    tried with fresh install of OS, Tried in Klipper, Tried various types of media to boot from (USB & SSD)

8. What help do you need?
    I want to get this camera working as i have a very important project that requires a camera of this type

hi, @Shand359

Sorry to get back to you so late.

What system are you running on?

I thought i had it working until i switched back on this morning… All I receive is an error saying either no camera found or failed to configure streams errors. Considering the price of the camera I assumed it was a simple plug and play but it appears there is a little more to it… Can this camera also stream video as i would like to be able to monitor my 3d printer with it…

hi, @Shand359

The 64MP camera is suitable for Raspberry Pai platform.

You need to install a 64MP camera driver before using the camera.

Run the camera through libcamera, which can achieve streaming video.

Before that, we were adapted to the Octopi system. The Libcamera plugin was written for MJPG-Streamer. Some users have used them to monitor the printer.

We have not tested the Klipper platform you used.

Sorry to dredge up an old post. But, did you ever get this working. I’m trying to add an ArduCam to my Klipper install now and not having a lot of luck.

Hi there. I’m very sorry to report that I never got things to work. I ended up buying a few old Logitech 370’s from eBay… not too expensive now and very simple to set up

Just wanted to follow up. It looks like the latest build of Klipper includes the libs needed to make this cam work through Crowsnest. I had the stupid cable in backwards! Doh! Once I switched that around, Klipper saw the camera and started using it right away. Now, I just need to play with settings in the crowsnest.conf file to set the proper resolution, etc.

Now THAT is good to know…… thank yoi

Do you connect the camera to the camera slot or USB??