Multi-Camera Adapter board for live captures

1.Which seller did you purchase the product(s) from?

2.The Model number of the product(s) you have purchased?
UC-475 Rev.B with the soldered chip on it that makes it compatible for Jetson Nano
3.Which Platform are you using the product(s) on?
Jetson Nano B01
4.Which instruction are you following?

5.Has your product ever worked properly?

6.What problems are you experiencing?
Hi,

I used the ArduCAM Multi-Camera adapter on Raspberry Pi 3B+. Since then, I have moved to Jetson Nano for more processing power. My application has 2 MIPI CSI and 2 UVC cameras open at all time. The images are captured when I need to based on a trigger in the application. I want to move this to 4 MIPI CSI cameras using the adapter. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem possible for them to always be open. Is that correct? It looks like I have to do the following:

1. Open camera

2. Do captures

3. Close camera

4. Switch camera

5. Repeat.

I would like to skip the first and third step and just do open the cameras on application startup and close the cameras when ending the application. Otherwise, the camera captures are too slow for my application. Is there a workaround that I can do for this?

I thought about using RidgeRun’s GstInterpipe. This allows for 4 pipelines for each camera piped to one source. But it seems like nvarguscamerasrc on Jetson Nano is not able to do runtime switching. Is there a way we can get this to work or is it impossible to have the cameras switch live?
7.What attempts at troubleshooting have you already made?

8.How would you like us to help you?
A workaround

Hello,

Due the camera is not our driver. We cannot change the behavior of the driver.