Linux equivalent for Amcap.exe, for any Arducam UVC Webcam? (Need to set on-camera h264 bitrate.)

1. Where did you get the camera module(s)?
    Amazon

2. Model number of the product(s)?
    Any model of ArduCAM UVC Webcam

3. What hardware/platform were you working on?
    Raspberry Pi running Raspbian Linux

4. Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)
    Amcap.exe on Windows.

5. Problems you were having?
    Need to set the h264 bitrate control using a Linux utility, similar to Amcap.exe on Windows.

6. The dmesg log from your hardware?

7. Troubleshooting attempts you’ve made?
    Looked for 3rd party method of setting h264 bitrate control on Linux. My search yielded nothing.

8. What help do you need?
    Please tell me a method to set the h264 encoder bitrate control using a Linux utility, on the Arducam, not in a later pipeline. Is there a Linux utility or a way to set registers in Linux for a USB UVC webcam to adjust the h264 encoder bitrate on the Arducam itself? You can do this using a Windows utility from ArduCam called AmCap.exe. However, I am needing a Linux program or shell commands to do the same.

@jhassell
Hi,
The rate control protocol is a custom protocol through the XU channel, which cannot directly use ordinary amcap, and needs to customize a special SDK.

Does Arducam offer a way for Linux users to use this custom protocol? Can the XU channel possibly be accessed through a Linux terminal in some way?

Alternatively, can the H264 Preview 1.1.6.3.zip Windows program save the H264 bitrate control setting to non-volatile memory? I just need the H264 bitrate value set to 500kbps, on the Arducam itself, and have that setting survive a power cycle.
See: H264 Preview 1.1.6.3.zip

@jhassell

If you have needs in this area, you can fill in the form for further needs. The reason for this is to understand why you need this functionality and make an assessment.

I have the same issue, I need to limit the camera bitrate, I tried using the uvch264src plugin with gstreamer, but had no luck with it.

@Sperati

For any users seeking clarification or assistance, I kindly invite you to click on the link provided above, which will grant you access to comprehensive support and guidance.