IMX477 on Jetson AGX Orin with Kernel version: 5.15.122-tegra-36.2.0

Hello. I bought this module - https://www.arducam.com/product/arducam-12mp-multi-camera-kit-for-nvidia-jetson-agx-orin/. According to the instructions, you need to install the drivers for imx477 using the command “./install_full.sh -m imx477”. But I fail and get an error, because I have Kernel version: 5.15.122-tegra-36.2.0-20232118214829, and the latest available version on this link (Releases · ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera · GitHub) has the version arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel-t234-agx-orin-5.10.120-tegra-35.4.1.

Is there any way to install the drivers on my 36.2.0 version to make the camera work? Or are there no options and do I have to downgrade to 35.4.1? Because I really need 36.2.0 and I don’t want to downgrade.

@Alexander

I am adapting to this version of the system. Please be patient, we are going to have a 10-day New Year holiday recently, and I will continue this work after that.

1 Like

I understand, thank you. Could you tell me how long we can expect it to take? About a month, or 2, or 3?

@Alexander

I have completed the verification and I can give you a test usage in the last two days.

1 Like

Hello. Very good news, thank you very much for your work. How can I get the version for tegra-36.2.0?

Hello,
is there a source for 36.2.0 version already?
Could you provide a link?
Thank you very much in advance!
BR
Daniel

Hi, I’m very interested in an update on this thread. I’ve just flashed a Jetson Orin Nano Dev Kit with Jetpack 6 and I’m coming up against the same problem

annot find the corresponding deb package, please send the following information to [email protected]
Kernel version: 5.15.122-tegra-36.2.0-20231218214829
Jetson type: NVIDIA Jetson Orin Nano Developer Kit

There are no deb file listed in the imx519_links.txt file that relate to the latest kernel version.

@Edward do you have a more up to date estimate?

First of all, I need to clarify, because 36.2, as a dp version, is currently only for verification and feasibility in order to quickly adapt when the next official version is released. Currently I have verified some cameras on some platforms.

@Alexander
Please be patient for a few more days, there are still some places I need to sort out and modify.

@DaS
What platform do you need to adapt to what camera?

@shewison
Still have to wait a few days while I work on the overall code and testing methods. About a week.

1 Like

@Edward thank you for the update. I’m sure your hard work will be appreciated by many people.

Hi Edward,

here’s my setup
Jetson Orin NX
5.15.122-tegra-36.2.0
IMX477
BR
Daniel

@Edward
I am also using JetPack 6-DP, and I would really appreciate it if I could also get a copy of the drivers when you get the programming finished.
I recently purchased an OV9281 Jetvariaty for the hyperspectral imaging system I’m working on. The board is the Orin NX dev kit. Do the drivers you are working on use all 4 input lanes?

Thanks for the hard work!

@Edward
Me too! Also for Jetson Orin NX, Release: 5.15.122-tegra (Jetpack 6.0 DP [L4T 36.2.0])

Camera UC-517, rev D3 (Arducam 12MP 477P Motorized Focus High Quality Camera for NVIDIA® Jetson Nano/Xavier NX/AGX Orin/Orin Nano/Orin NX)

Ciao,
Rolf

@Edward Any updates for the timeline on the test drivers?

Hello. How’s it going over there? It’s been a long time, when should we expect an update?