Imx462 wont work on Raspbian

Hello everyone,

I’m working on trying to get a set of imx462 cameras to work on the BlueOS distro from BlueRobotics. The actual OS is Raspbian bullseye running Kernel: Linux 5.10.33-v7l+. I’ve tried the quick start directions without any luck, I have updated the base OS to Kernel: Linux 6.1.21-v8+ and re did the directions and still nothing. If I run Libcamera-hello I get no cameras detected and /dev/video* doesn’t show it being detected.

Any ideas? I’m running out, and this is the last piece before we launch into our first set of field trials.

So, I figured this out, but I’m not sure if Arducam has fixed the issue. In/boot/config.txt, Uart1=enabled needs to be commented out, which breaks the Uarts but allows the module to load. I troubleshot this and contacted support, which replicated the issue, but I have heard nothing back from them other than them saying it was a bug. Can someone from support chime in I can’t seem to find any issues through Github now that it’s merged with the kernel.

Hi
To be honest, we are still investigating this issue. I understand it may cause inconvenience to you and I apologize for that.
I just discussed this matter with my colleague yesterday, and we are curious about how the serial port could influence the camera driver.

I don’t know how your driver functions internally. I am using this in the intended application and it doesn’t seem like it is compatible with robotics applications that uses uarts… which is most of them.

Hi @AnROV
I’m thrilled to say that this problem is resolved!
Feel free to review the solution by clicking on the link provided below.Discord
You just need to add the sentence dtparam=i2c_vc=on,i2c_vc_baudrate=50000 in the config.txt file and reboot your Pi to take effect.

1 Like