Driver is deleting /proc/device-tree/serial-number

Hi,

I’m using a Jetson Nano with Jetpack 4.4, and when I’m installing the driver with the automated install_full.sh, the ‘file’ /proc/device-tree/serial-number is removed at reboot. When I remove the driver (sudo dpkg -r arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel) +reboot, the file reappear. The issue is I really need that file to execute some program.

Soft: # R32 (release), REVISION: 4.4, GCID: 23942405, BOARD: t210ref, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Fri Oct 16 19:44:43 UTC 2020
Linux 4.9.140-tegra #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Oct 16 12:32:46 PDT 2020 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux
Camera: Arducam UC-671 Rev.B

Hi, @John

Sorry for having this problem. We will test as soon as possible.

1 Like

Great, thanks!
Would it be possible to have a rough idea of the ETA? (Days/ Weeks/ Months?) :slight_smile:

Hi, @John

I have tested all the driver installation packages on the JetPack4.6 system, and this does not happen.

This could be caused by a driver issue on older systems. You can try to install JetPack4.6 to test.

Sorry, I don’t understand what you mean by ETA?

Hi @yang,
Sadly the IA program which I’m using with your camera cannot run on newer system, and I’m stuck on JetPack4.4…

For the ETA, I was just wondering if you had an idea if/how long it might take to find a fix for that :blush: (just to be able to plan things on my side!)

Hi, @yang @xiaotang
So no fix planned?
Best,
John

@John

My colleague seems to have forgotten to reply in this thread.

I will arrange for him to help you test next week

@Edward

Thank you so much!

Hi @Edward,

Any progress?

Best,

@John

I’m sorry. After our test, we suspect that it is a system problem. We have tested it on many versions of the system, and the same problem does not occur. So we suspect that it is a problem specific to the old version of the system.
We currently have no way to fix this problem, maybe you can ask Nvidia official.

@Edward,

Ok thank you, I will see this issue with Nvidia, I hope they will be able to fix it, we wanted to use your camera on our jetson fleet

Edit: if someone has the same issue, the follow up thread on nvidia forum : Arducam driver deleting /proc/device-tree/serial-number - Jetson Nano - NVIDIA Developer Forums

@John

I am also following this post in parallel, and solving this problem is also very helpful for me.