Driver for latest tegra release 4.9.140 L4T-32.4.3

Hello,

I just purchased an IMX477 camera for NX but I cannot make it work as the driver version and the current version that I have installed do not match with the following error:

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel:
arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel depends on nvidia-l4t-kernel (= 4.9.140-tegra-32.4.3-20200625213407); however:
Version of nvidia-l4t-kernel on system is 4.9.140-tegra-32.4.4-20201016123640.

Can you please advise where I can find the updated driver and if not, what should I do to make it work?

Hi @adirokr007,

The latest version has been moved to releases, you can also try to use the automatic installation script.

https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera/releases

Hello Wong,

Thank you for providing the link. I was able to use the install.sh file to install the drivers. When I use the dmesg | grep imx477 it does not print anything in the terminal and the drivers seemed to have installed without any error. No matter what I try, I cannot get the camera to list under /dev/video or access it. I have changed the cables provided with the Camera, changed the camera ports on the Xavier NX board, did multiple clean installs of the driver but to no avail. Can you please let me know what am I missing? I cannot get the camera to work. Please let me know.

Hi @adirokr007,

To install the driver of imx477 you should use the install_imx477.sh script.
The install.sh script is used to install the Jetvariety driver.

Hello Wong,

Thanks again, I tried to install using that file first and I was receiving error in the dmesg command. The error I get is 9-001a: imx477_board_setup: error during i2c read probe (-121) the same error with 10-001a failed with error -121. I reinstalled using the imx477 install file and I still get this error. Kindly advise.

Hi @adirokr007,

This error indicates that the driver did not find the camera. This may be caused by incorrect connection. Can you provide a hardware connection diagram?

Hello Wong,

I have followed the instructions as provided, here is the connection diagram:

camera connection

cam connection

board connection

board connection

for the camera, the connection pins are facing away from the board and for the nvidia board, the connection pins are facing inside towards the board. Is this correct?

Hi @adirokr007,

There is no problem with the connection method, then the only remaining may be:

1. The cable is damaged
  2. Camera is damaged
    Do you have any other cables or cameras you can try?

I tried all the cables the camera was shipped with, the same problem on each of the cables, I do not have any other cameras to try. Should I return and get a replacement then?

Hi @adirokr007,

Not sure if the camera is defective, pls help to contact the supplier to return and get a replacement, thank you!

Hello,

I cant install it because my Kernel version is: 4.9.140-tegra-32.4.4-20201027211359 on my Jetson Nano (Developer Kit Version), I tried: sudo dpkg -i arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel_4.9.140-32.4.3-20200716095813_arm64.deb and sudo ./install.sh.

I have these errors, help me please

Hi @Chris ,

I just updated the automatic installation script and added a new kernel version, you can try it.:

https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera/releases