Driver for IMX477 on Jetson Xavier NX with Jetpack 5.1.1

Hi ArduCam,

It appears that the driver for IMX477 for the latest Jetpack (v.5.1.1) has not been release. What is the timeline for when this update will come?

According to Nvidia (Low frame rate for RPi HQ camera (IMX477) on Jetpack 5.0.2 - #5 by JerryChang - Jetson Xavier NX - NVIDIA Developer Forums) the problem with the lower framerate (Jetpack 5.x need to drop the frame rate problem) should have been solved in the latest Jetpack release.

For this reason I would like to upgrade to latest Jetpack release, but the lacking of a driver from RPi HQ camera (IMX477) is a showstopper. Is there a workaround that can be used in the meantime?

Thanks.

1 Like

@epoxy

nvidia has its own imx477 driver and device tree, you can choose it through jetson-io.
https://docs.arducam.com/Nvidia-Jetson-Camera/Application-note/Jetson-io/

Hi Edward,
Thank you for the fast response.
I was aware of the “pin-configuration” (“jetson-io”), but I thought I still needed to install a driver. Thank you for the clarification. I will test and verify that it works.
Thanks.

@epoxy

We use the same driver as the official one, but add one more resolution.

I see that I can detect the IMX477 without the additional driver. However, I also see that the “one more resolution” that you add, is 4032 x 3040… which is exactly the resolution we have been using in our application. And I believe we need to rely on that.

@epoxy
I am currently adapting the latest version, and it is expected that all updates will be completed in 2-3 weeks.

Thank you for the update. I’ll keep an eye out for the release of the updated driver :slight_smile:

Hi all,

We have need for this as well, am running jetpack 5.1.1 and IMX477. Desperately after this fix for us to move forward with development.

Cheers,

Ken.

@kenlee_au

I’m working on this now, I will release the imx477 version first, there will be good news in these two days.

Amazing @Edward super excited to see that come through. Appreciate your work!

@kenlee_au @epoxy

You could use the test installation package to install and use it first.

Thanks so much @edward will let you know how we go.

Hi @edward we have encountered this error, any advice?

Cheers,

Ken.

@kenlee_au

Are you using the official development kit? Or did you use a third-party carrier board?

@edward we are using the A205 carrier board.

@kenlee_au

I don’t know what dtb file is used for this carrier board. I have only adapted it in the official development kit so far. In general, third-party carrier boards only support their specified camera models.

@Edward The way your package is developed, is it possible for us to adapt that for the A205 carrier board?

@kenlee_au

We can provide all source code. However, the current arrangement is that you need to send an email to [email protected] to request.

Thanks, will do @Edward

1 Like

@kenlee_au We have a similar issue if you managed to fix it, please share with us :slight_smile: