Problems you were having?
In CAM0 when I put sensor_id as 0, it works perfectly fine but for CAM1 it just opens a black screen with sensor_id as 1. I dont know what to do.
Troubleshooting attempts you’ve made?
I have two cameras and they both show up when I do v4l2-ctl --list-devices, i switched the cameras around, its always the one in CAM1 that does not work.
I even traced the device tree overlays that the drivers install to see if anything looked weird.
What help do you need?
To get to see a feed on CAM1 CSI port. I followed the instructions above to install the drivers and it worked great for CAM0 but the moment I try to get a feed from CAM1, its a black screen.
I need both of the cameras running together for an embedded project.
Hi there,
Thank you for the excellent and very detailed report. I can see you’ve done a fantastic job troubleshooting this—swapping the cameras and checking v4l2-ctl were exactly the right steps to take. That tells us with confidence that the issue is not with the cameras themselves but with the system’s ability to initialize the CAM1 port.
I believe we can get this sorted out. To give you the most accurate advice, we first need to identify the exact camera module or kit you purchased.
The model number you provided (350f65be-34af-4be5-b986-7d6409605f7c) looks like an Amazon order ID or a unique transaction number rather than the Arducam product model number (which usually looks something like B0388 or OV9281).
Could you please send us the link to the Amazon product page where you purchased the cameras?
The reason this is so important is that different camera kits can require slightly different device tree overlays or driver configurations to enable multi-camera support correctly. Once we can see the exact product you’re using, we can provide you with the specific instructions to ensure that the CAM1 channel is properly configured and activated.
You are doing everything right by changing the sensor_id. The black screen on CAM1 is the classic symptom of a configuration mismatch, and confirming the product model is the fastest way to solve it.
Thanks for your help with this. Once we have that link, I’m confident we can get both of your cameras up and running.