Can IMX519 have a sharp focus below 10cm?

Good day everyone
I can’t be sure with the IMX519 if it will fit for my ocr project. My queries regarding the IMX519 is “can I have a sharp image even below 10cm, or do I have to add something to the camera to have a sharp image?”. I’m very new to cameras regarding raspberry pi so I am very clueless when it comes to this.

Hi,
Welcome to our community!

Tbh, we cannot guarantee the IMX519 camera can take a sharp picture below 10cm. The focus range of this camera: 10cm ~ ∞.

If the micro distance is important to your project, we could recommend another camera as an alternative.

Could you post more details about your requirements?

Ahh I see, for the cam requirement part, the only things I have to consider is that I would be using it directly above documents for OCR purposes and would be using an RPI5. So I don’t mind having to step down too much from 16mp to 8 mp, so long I could use it for taking images at less that 10 cm.

Thank you again for the reply