Cameras connected to Multi-Camera Adapter V2.2 cannot be detected

1. Where did you get the camera module(s)?
    Got it from Autobotics

2. Model number of the product(s)?
    B012001

3. What hardware/platform were you working on?
    Raspberry Pi 4 Model B

4. Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)
    RaspberryPi/Multi_Camera_Adapter/Multi_Adapter_Board_4Channel at master · ArduCAM/RaspberryPi · GitHub

5. Problems you were having?
    Cameras connected are not detected on the Raspberry Pi Multi-Camera Adapter. I have 2 cameras currently connected. An OV5647 camera and a IMX219 camera. Both are not detected when connected.

6. The dmesg log from your hardware?
    dmesg file.txt - Google Drive

7. Troubleshooting attempts you’ve made?
    Tried switching ports and formatting the SD Card. Cameras are working when directly connected to the Raspberry Pi. Tried everything I could find online but still cannot find a solution.

8. What help do you need?
    Can someone please guide me on how my cameras can be detected via the multi-camera adapter?

After typing sudo ./init_camera.sh
----Test i2c1
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f
00: – – – – – – – –
10: 10 – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
20: – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
30: – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
40: – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
50: – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
60: – – – – 64 – – – – – – – – – – –
70: 70 – – – – – – –
----Detecting the /dev/video0 device
Can’t find video0 device, please check the hardware connection!

Tried also:
libcamera-hello --list
No cameras available!

Hi,
Look, please make sure that the connector is seated securely.

It is still the same after pushing the pins down. It displays: No cameras available.

Hi Gary,

I am having similar issues with my Rpi 4 and Raspberry Pi OS Bookworm. One thing I think I have read in the past, at least for older models of the 4 port multicamera adapter board, is that all cameras connected to the adapter need to have the same sensor type. So it might not work with both an OV5647 and IMX219, so you might check if you disconnect one then does it work.

I am using just a single OV5647 and can’t detect any cameras, so maybe we can try to trouble shoot this together.

Regards,
Zak

Hi Zak,
I have tried using just one camera sensor type as well. But it is not working unfortunately.

Hi Gary,
Please just connect the imx219 camera module to the CAMERA A port and modify the config file like the below:

dtoverlay=camera-mux-4port,cam0-imx219

Once done, reboot your pi to take effect and see if your Pi can detect the imx219 module.

Hi, I have tried this but the problem still persists.

Hi,
How about just connecting one ov5647 to multiplexer?

It does not work either. Now i am using 2 imx219 cameras and it does not detect it either.