Calibration to avoid pink images 64MP

Hi there,

Specifically with 64MP images and the OV64A0 camera module, I am seeing a very large number of pink images. This is across multiple sensors and multiple RPi5s.

Is there a way we can have a better default calibration in the libcamera repo?

Or ways to improve / avoid the AWB turning the sky pink?

Hi @wallarug
I make this camera face the diffusion panel to reproduce the pink shading issue. However, it looks great without any pink tint. The picture I got is entirely white.

Could you plz post the pink images here? Did you put the camera under daylight or sunlight conditions?

Hi Dion,

I managed to figure this one out last week.

The issue is the calibration inside the libcamera stack is wrong.

I had to turn off the auto gain parameter and then the pink images stopped occurring.

Using --analoggain 1.0 makes the pink go away.

I also added a custom calibration file with lower red gain. The one in the library does not appear to be very good.

I am in the process of trying to implement HDR for this sensor - however - I need the documentation for the registers to put it into libcamera/rpicam-apps. Is there any chance someone can help me with this?

Happy to sign NDA or whatever to implement this feature - HDR would be a huge benefit in this use-case.