AWB and auto exposure in USB Python SDK (AR0234 with USB2.0 shield)

1. Where did you get the camera module(s)?
uctronics

2. Model number of the product(s)?
Arducam 2.3MP AR0234 Color Global Shutter Camera USB2.0 Evaluation Kit

3. What hardware/platform were you working on?
Linux_x86_64, embedded Intel Atom CPU.

4. Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)
ArduCAM_USB_Camera_Shield and ArduCAM_USB_Camera_Shield_Python_Demo on github (sorry can’t put links as a new user!)

5. Problems you were having?
Image I obtain from the camera are greenish and underexposed (with a fixed exposure), both via ArducamSDK on linux and in Windows GUI

1. The dmesg log from your hardware?
[  +3,726572] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 13 using xhci_hcd
[  +0,597077] usb 1-1: language id specifier not provided by device, defaulting to English                                  
[  +0,000988] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=52cb, idProduct=52cb, bcdDevice= 0.01
[  +0,000014] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0

7. Troubleshooting attempts you’ve made?
Read the Python ArducamSDK API documentation

8. What help do you need?
I am using the camera in a EXTERNAL_TRIGGER_MODE mode with software triggers once every second. For some reason, the modified code of the new example (ArduCAM_USB_Camera_Shield_Python_Demo) woks in this mode only after manually using the ArducamSDK.cpython-38-x86_64-linux-gnu.so from the old example (ArduCAM_USB_Camera_Shield/Linux_x86/Python/External_trigger_demo) and not with one installed from pip. Anyway, this is a side note FYI.

The issue I have is that the images I obtain are greenish and underexposed, and the camera doesn’t react to change in lighting (exposure stays fixed). Is there a way to achieve automatic white balance and exposure?

Thanks!

@str

This is because our images are raw and have not been processed by ISP. Automatic white balance and the like are also part of the ISP implementation, and we do not have relevant controls for the time being.