Hi everyone, I’m trying to get my Arducam Stereo Camera 2MP*2 running on a Jetson Nano, but the image is basically black. I can just barely make out faint shadows moving, but there’s no real picture at all. Has anyone run into this? Also, are there any sample scripts for this specific camera on the Nano? I’m not sure I’m using the right ones.
Can you share a bit more about your setup? Which board and OS are you on, and how are you currently opening the camera (what script or code are you running)? That will help narrow down whether it’s a software or initialization issue.
Sure. It’s an Arducam Stereo Camera 2MP*2 on an Nvidia Jetson Nano. To be honest I don’t have any specific sample code for it yet, so I was running whatever generic examples I could find. That’s when I get the dark image with only faint shadows. If there are proper sample scripts for this combo, I’d really appreciate a pointer.
Got it. A dark output with only faint shadows often happens when the camera isn’t being initialized the way the Jetson platform expects, or when a generic sample set is used instead of the Jetson-specific one. For this camera on the Nano, the reference scripts live in the ArduCAM MIPI_Camera repo under the Jetvariety examples.
Do you have a link for that? I’ve seen a couple of Arducam repos and I’m not sure which one is actually the right one for the Nano.
Yes, look at the Jetvariety example folder here: MIPI_Camera/Jetson/Jetvariety/example at master · ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera · GitHub - try the Python script from that set. That’s the recommended reference for the Stereo Camera 2MP*2 on the Jetson platform.
Thanks, I’ll give that Python script a try. So the main thing is that I should be using the Jetvariety example scripts rather than the other sample sets I was trying before?
Right. The key takeaway is to use the ArduCAM MIPI_Camera Jetson Jetvariety example scripts as the reference for this camera on the Nano. Run the Python script from there and let us know if the image is still dark. If it is, we can dig into wiring, driver setup, or exposure next, but starting with the correct sample script is the first step.