ArduCAM host app not showing image

Hello,

I hope you can help with an issue I’m having. I’ve connected my Arducam OV2640 Mini camera to the Adafruit Metro M4 Express board(Arduino-compatible) and modified the memorysaver.h file to uncomment only the #define OV2640_MINI_2MP’ line. After flashing the Metro board with the ArduCAM_Mini_2MP_OV2640_Functions` sketch, I confirmed that the camera module is recognized via the serial monitor.

When I use the ArduCam host app - Arducam Host V2.exe from the examples folder, the application starts up correctly and connects to the camera when I press “Open” (displaying “COM is open!”) and switch to OV2640_320X240 mode. However, pressing “Capture” sometimes shows the image in a new tab, but more often than not, it fails to display any image, even though the message “ArduCAM Single”, “CAM Start single shoot”, and “CAM CAPTURE DONE” appears.

What might be causing this issue, and how can I resolve it? Here are the Host app results screenshot and setup connections between Metro board and Arducam.

Additionally, I noticed that the camera module becomes hot to the touch in few minutes. Is this normal?

Pin Connection

ArduCAM -MetroBoard
SCL - SCL
SDA- SDA
VCC- 3.3V or 5V
GND- GND
SCK -SCK
MISO -MISO
MOSI - MOSI
CS - Digital ( 7)