Arducam 8 MP Sony IMX219 camera module with CS lens 2718 for Raspberry Pi

Hello everybody,

I’ve been trying to operate an “Arducam 8 MP Sony IMX219” with a Raspberry Pi 4 for a few days now. Unfortunately my camera is not recognized. I activated the interface via sudo raspi-config. It is not entirely clear to me what needs to be done so that I can use the camera e.g. with the command raspi-still -o image.jpg. Unfortunately, I don’t get any specific information or instructions here. I have even ordered a second camera to clarify whether the first camera is defective. The ribbon cables are plugged in correctly, power supply 3A. Even trying on a Raspberry Pi 2B was unsuccessful. with the command “vcgencmd get_camera” I get out that the camera is configured but not present.
It would be nice if I could get help here.

Greetings Hermann

Hi,

Thanks for your business. Don’t worry and I will try my best to help you.After connecting the imx219, you should reboot the pi and then try vcgencmd get_cameracommand to detect the camera. Please attach me your camera’s image. Don’t worry, If the product is defective, we will give you a replacement.

Hi,

Thanks for your business. Don’t worry and I will try my best to help you.After connecting the imx219, you should reboot the pi and then try vcgencmd get_cameracommand to detect the camera. Please attach me your camera’s image. Don’t worry, If the product is defective, we will give you a replacement.

Thanks for the answer. I’ll test it out tomorrow.

Hi,

Thanks for your hardware image. It seems the ribbon cable is defective.

Have you try to change another ribbon cable?

If you have, please try to change another ribbon cable, if still mot work, please contact our email: [email protected] for replacement.