Arducam 16MP Quad-Camera Kit showing static semi video image, can I stream all four?

Hi everyone. I just picked up the Arducam 16MP Autofocus Quad-Camera Kit for Raspberry Pi with the 16MP IMX519 autofocus synchronized cameras. When I hook the cameras up, all I’m seeing is a static semi video image. It’s not totally black, but it’s like a frozen/partial frame. Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks for posting. Could you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing, plus the exact command you used to start the preview? That will help narrow things down a lot. The ‘static semi video image’ can come from a few different things, so seeing the command and the output really matters here.

Sure, I’ll grab a screenshot. I was just trying a basic preview to test the cameras first. Also, one more question while I’m at it — is it possible to stream all four cameras at the same time with this kit?

Yes, streaming all four cameras simultaneously is part of what the Quad-Camera Kit is designed for. But before we get to the multi-camera preview, let’s sort out the static image issue first. It could be sync cabling, I2C conflicts, or running the wrong driver mode for a quad setup, but I don’t want to guess until I see your screenshot and the exact command.

Got it. Let me reproduce it again so I can post the exact command I ran and a screenshot of the static/semi image.

Sounds good. To recap where we are: the root cause isn’t confirmed yet. I’m waiting on the screenshot showing the static semi video image and the exact command you used. Once you post those, we can check whether it’s a driver/sync issue and then move on to streaming all four cameras, which is supported on this kit.