AR0234 mipi camera for jetson nano

I know that AR0234 is not a jetvariety camera but I want it to use it on jetson nano. This supports v4L2 for RAW frames only. is there a way to receive YUV frames, particularly through V4L? I think this can be done only through onboard camera ISP but I don’t know how. Is there some patch I can create?

hi, @kuk

AR0234 is jetvariety camera, it can run on Jetson platform.

You can refer to the link below to install the driver:

After installation as said by you I am able to play video now using python arducam_displayer.py command from example demo code. But the video I see has a green tinge and it is inverted. Any setting that I need to change?

hi, @kuk

Without ISP processing, color images will appear green. This is normal.

You need to do a post process.

Is there any document available for register settings and post process on AR0234? Could you share any information available on how to control ISP functions like AWB, AE, Flip, Mirror, Gamma, Sharpness, Saturation etc.

1 Like

@kuk

Please contact [email protected]
Please let me know if they don’t respond.

@kuk @Edward

Did sales ever provide this information for you? I also need it.

Curious why there is no datasheet for this on the website?

@pedro

Please email them if you have any required documents.
If they don’t get back to you, please come back and let me know.

Hi! I have bought the AR0234 camera for raspberry link attached(https://www.uctronics.com/arducam-full-hd-color-global-shutter-camera-for-raspberry-pi-2-3mp-ar0234-wide-angle-pivariety-camera-module.html)
Can I use it on the jetson nano or is it different from the one which is advertised to be for jetson nano? (https://www.uctronics.com/arducam-2-3mp-ar0234-global-shutter-camera-for-nvidia-jetson-nano-nx.html)

Anyway, I tried to acquire with gstream with the following comand :

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! 'video/x-raw,format=(string)BA10,width=(int)1920,height=(int)1080' ! nvvidconv ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=(string)I420' ! omxh264enc ! 'video/x-h264, stream-format=(string)byte-stream' ! h264parse ! qtmux ! filesink location=test.mp4 -e

but I get an error saying

WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link v4l2src0 to videoconvert0, neither element can handle caps video/x-raw, format=(string)BA10, width=(int)1920, height=(int)1080

I was able to acquire a single raw frame with the command

v4l2-ctl --device /dev/video0 --set-fmt-video=width=1920,height=1080,pixelformat=BA10 --stream-mmap --stream-to=frame.raw --stream-count=1

Furthermore could you provide the documents to control ISP functions?

Yes they both differ. Pi variety doesn’t support any ISP on Jetson Nano. I got only raw frames that appeared with greenish tinge as I couldn’t convert it to YUV format. it’s better to use Jet variety if you don’t want to write your own low level software and even if you could it will still add some delay. I have still not tried with Jetvariety but you should get YUV frames as advertised. These frames could be further converted to h264 using hardware acceleration.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, sorry but I missed the notification of your reply.
Is there a guide about the commands I should use on the jetson Nano to acquire the camera?

@Edward @kuk
Did anyone ever fix the green tint? What post processing was done? What register was edited? Why does sales need to be contacted for a code issue?

Are there devs here that can help? I’ve contacted arducam sales already.

@aero

ISP support requires customization.

The simplest way is to use the grayscale world algorithm to calculate the red channel gain and blue channel gain of the image.

r_gain = r_mean / g_mean
b_gain = b_mean / g_mean
If you just want to adjust the white balance gain, you can adjust it through software (operate directly on the image), and there is no need for a gain register.

you can refer to the link below