16 MP AF IMX519: Raspberry Pi updated once again, and my code broke

1. Where did you get the camera module(s)?
    Amazon
  2. Model number of the product(s)?
    B0371
  3. What hardware/platform were you working on?
    Raspberry Pi 4
  4. Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)
    libcamera and libcamera-apps - Arducam Wiki
  5. Problems you were having?
    when entering step 1 into the command terminal:
wget -O install_pivariety_pkgs.sh https://github.com/ArduCAM/Arducam-Pivariety-V4L2-Driver/releases/download/install_script/install_pivariety_pkgs.sh 
chmod +x install_pivariety_pkgs.sh

I get the error:

wget -O install_pivariety_pkgs.sh https://github.com/ArduCAM/Arducam-Pivariety-V4L2-Driver/releases/download/install_script/install_pivariety_pkgs.sh

chmod +x install_pivariety_pkgs.sh

bash: wget -O install_pivariety_pkgs.sh https://github.com/ArduCAM/Arducam-Pivariety-V4L2-Driver/releases/download/install_script/install_pivariety_pkgs.sh: No such file or directory

bash: chmod +x install_pivariety_pkgs.sh: command not found

Does the system need to be updated on Arducam’s end?
6. The dmesg log from your hardware?

1. Troubleshooting attempts you’ve made?

2. What help do you need?
    I just realized that I indeed did not update my Raspberry Pi 4.

I am withholding from doing any additional updates from Raspberry Pi Foundation from here on out since I cannot afford any additional time lost on code breaks.

Do you know why my camera is not working? It was working last night. Today I am getting raise RuntimeError(“Camera did not start properly.”)

1 Like

Hi,
You said that the camera was working last night. Hence, you should have managed to install the camera driver. Please run the commands below.

wget -O arducam-camera-bug-report https://github.com/ketai-dhr/arducam-camera-bug-report/releases/download/tools/arducam-camera-bug-report
chmod +x ./arducam-camera-bug-report
./arducam-camera-bug-report 

This will output an arducam-bug-report.txt in the current directory.
Please send me this file as an attachment.

1 Like

Hi, I thought I’d add to this thread rather than starting another one. I’m also having trouble with this camera. I couldn’t get it to work for a while after installing the drivers but then now it is working but with big problems, in that there is interference/glitch/distortion artifacts across some of the images and the preview. Images come out like this for example:

Not every frame is bad but obviously it needs to be fixed or I will have to return it. Let me know what the next step should be, e.g let me know best way to uninstall the drivers to try again. Or is it likely a faulty camera?
I have a bug report, how do I attach the file?
Many thanks

ok good news is I reseated the ribbon in the camera slot and it seems to be working better now, but the clip for the ribbon in the pi appears to be damaged and loose, easy to dislodge. Where can I get a replacement for these ribbon clips? I’ve found a 3d print model and will try and print that but would like the option to buy replacements. The design for these isn’t great I think.

I do still get glitches and the camera ribbon contacts are well connected in the slot, so maybe it is still not working correctly?

Hi,
Have you installed the driver below?

Hi, (sorry I think I pressed the “flag” button by mistake when trying to reply!)
But anyway, yes I installed the driver. It’s working on my pi 4B but it’s very fussy about the position of the ribbon if I touch it it can cause the glitches. I have the ribbon cable correctly inserted though.

Instead, I’m trying it on a new Pi 3 A+ but i can’t get the camera working at all with it, it keeps saying “no camera deteted” even though everything is installed. Is it compatible with Pi 3 A+? (it’s running Bullseye)

libcamera-hello shows this:

libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
Made X/EGL preview window
[9:34:22.290196356] [12827]  INFO Camera camera_manager.cpp:299 libcamera v0.0.2+55-5df5b72c
[9:34:22.364570377] [12840]  WARN CameraSensorProperties camera_sensor_properties.cpp:190 No static properties available for 'imx519'
[9:34:22.364681026] [12840]  WARN CameraSensorProperties camera_sensor_properties.cpp:192 Please consider updating the camera sensor properties database
[9:34:23.565601143] [12840] ERROR IPADataSerializer raspberrypi_ipa_serializer.h:130 Failed to deserialize sensorMetadata: not enough data, expected 4, got 0
[9:34:23.566141160] [12840] ERROR RPI raspberrypi.cpp:1303 Failed to load a suitable IPA library
[9:34:23.568123044] [12840] ERROR RPI raspberrypi.cpp:1228 Failed to register camera imx519 10-001a: -22
ERROR: *** no cameras available ***

many thanks

Run raspi-config to enable Glamour and select the GL driver:

• sudo raspi-config
  • Advanced Options
  • Enable Glamor graphic acceleration
  • Reboot
  • sudo raspi-config
  • Advanced Options
  • Navigate to GL Driver
  • Select GL (Full KMS)
  • Reboot

Hi Dion,
Thanks, I did try this before. but i tried again and noticed that when I return to the GL Driver option in Raspi-config, it’s always still on the top legacy driver option, even after changing and rebooting. This looks like it could be the problem? Any idea why I can’t change this driver?

edit: no it’s not the problem, the GLl driver is enabled as the line is there in boot/config.txt
dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d

so I still get:

Made X/EGL preview window
[0:51:24.967655041] [1528]  INFO Camera camera_manager.cpp:299 libcamera v0.0.2+55-5df5b72c
[0:51:25.096267756] [1529]  WARN CameraSensorProperties camera_sensor_properties.cpp:190 No static properties available for 'imx519'
[0:51:25.096435462] [1529]  WARN CameraSensorProperties camera_sensor_properties.cpp:192 Please consider updating the camera sensor properties database
[0:51:25.602478692] [1529] ERROR IPADataSerializer raspberrypi_ipa_serializer.h:130 Failed to deserialize sensorMetadata: not enough data, expected 4, got 0
[0:51:25.602610878] [1529] ERROR RPI raspberrypi.cpp:1303 Failed to load a suitable IPA library
[0:51:25.603207952] [1529] ERROR RPI raspberrypi.cpp:1228 Failed to register camera imx519 10-001a: -22
ERROR: *** no cameras available ***

Ok I reinstalled Bullseye and the camera is working now :slight_smile:

1 Like