Work with AR0230 and IMX 219 at the same time on jetson nano B01

I installed the ar2030 driver from this link, Arducam camera is working fine, after installing this driver but my Rasberry pi camera (IMX-219) stopped working and jetson could not find it in /dev anymore please help! (My jetson has two CSI ports and I am using IMX-219 in the second CSI) also, I think it somehow conflicts with the PCI-E driver, after this installation I have a problem with the boot time and jetson restart several times.
how can I work with AR0230 and IMX 219 at the same time on jetson nano B01?

Hi @aminabazari ,

If you want AR0230 and IMX219 to work at the same time, you need to modify the device tree. Please tell me your L4T version (using cat /etc/nv_tegra_release command), I can modify the configuration for you.

Hi @wong
Thanks a lot for your response.

Here is my LT4 version :
cat /etc/nv_tegra_release
R32 (release), REVISION: 4.4, GCID: 23942405, BOARD: t210ref, EABI: aarch64,

uname -a Linux

xxxx 4.9.140-tegra #1 SMP PREEMPT aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

I will appreciate that.

Hi @aminabazari ,

I configure CAM0 as arducam camera and CAM1 as imx219
You can do the following steps to replace the device tree:

1. Copy tegra210-p3448-0000-p3449-0000-b00-arducam-imx219.dtb to /boot/arducam/ directory
  2. Edit the /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf file and modify FDT /boot/arducam/tegra210-p3448-0000-p3449-0000-b00.dtb to FDT /boot/arducam/tegra210-p3448-0000-p3449-0000 -b00-arducam-imx219.dtb
  3. Resboot

Hi dear @wong
I did your instructions and both cameras works fine thanks a lot , but my pcie driver did not work any more. I have install a goggle coral accelerator PCIE m2 on my jetson nano and after Arducam driver installation it stop working. What should I do to solve this issue?</p>
Best regards.

Hi @aminabazari ,

Will pcie stop working as soon as the arducam driver is installed?
Can you provide some dmesg log? I need more information to diagnose the problem.

Hi @aminabazari ,

I think you still need to provide this information, because I don’t have this product, so I can’t test it, you can try to reinstall the driver of this product.

https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/m-2-pcie-google-coral-in-ubuntu/108963/10?u=t_msg

Hi @wong

I soled that problem by the following steps :

1. sudo apt --reinstall install gasket-dkms libedgetpu1-std
  2. add pcie_aspm=off to an APPEND line in your system /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf file
  3. sudo apt-get install python3-edgetpu
  4. reboot

Hi @aminabazari ,

I am glad to hear that your problem has been solved, and thank you for providing a solution. I think this information will definitely help people who have similar problems

Hello Wong,
is this file also suitable for the OV2311 model (also Jetvariety) and i have a LED Neopixel ring (controlled with SPI, with an external voltage supply) that doesn’t work at same time with OV2311 and also if i want to run the Jetson Nano on a USB Drive i get also the same problem.

@wong Hello Wong,
is this file also suitable for the OV2311 model (also Jetvariety) and i have a LED Neopixel ring (controlled with SPI, with an external voltage supply) that doesn’t work at same time with OV2311 and also if i want to run the Jetson Nano on a USB Drive i get also the same problem.

Hi @SariHachem

This file is suitable for Jetvariety series cameras.
I don’t have the device you are using, so I am not sure what the problem is, but the general situation may be that the driver needs to be reinstalled.

Hi @wong, let me explain:

A neopixel ring is controlled with spi, so with the command sudo /opt/nvidia/jetson-io/jetson-io.py you have configure the GPIO pins check https://learn.adafruit.com/circuitpython-libraries-on-linux-and-the-nvidia-jetson-nano/initial-setup, so this will create a config file and reboot the Jetson Nano. so you have two LABELS in your config files (a primary and Jetson IO) and this problem happens also hen i try to run the jeston on a ssd drive (config file with 2 LABELS also)

Hi @SariHachem

Thank you for your explanation, so you should be able to make him work now, right?

@Wong, sadly no, I was trying to say that a config file with two LABELS written on it (for Example: first Label primary and the second is the Label GPIO for the PixelRing), can’t work with the Jetvariety product and unfortunalty i’m not that experienced in ubuntu systems and im not sure if i have to write my own dtb file or my own kernel. My first Goal is to use the two Cameras (JetVar and IMX 219) with a neopixel ring and second if i could run it on a ssd drive if would be perfect. Do you have any tipp for me?

Hi @SariHachem

This is weird. From your presentation, Jetvariety driver should not conflict with it.
Do you have any error messages?

Hello @Wong,
i used to to but not anymore since i installed the Version 4.4, the problem is that by activationg the spi configuration with opt/nvidia/jetson-io/jetson-io.py/ and rebooting the extlinux.conf for Arducam (Jetvariety) is replaced. Do you have any idea what i should do ? maybe a new dtb file?

Hi @SariHachem

You can use the official device tree by commenting out the FDT line in the /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf file.
If you use the official device tree and there are still problems, then the problem is not in the device tree.
If you use the official device tree, the problem is solved, then it may be a problem with the device tree.

Hi @wong,

I was trying to do the same thing as OP. But I have updated my linux and now my L4T version is 32.5.1. What changes should I make in dtb file tot make it work??? Is it possible to provide sources, so I can change the device tree for other cameras and future L4T updates?

Thank you very much