Use IMX477(B0251) and OV9281(B0263) simultaneously on Jetson Nano

1.Which seller did you purchase the product(s) from?
Amazon
2.The Model number of the product(s) you have purchased?
B0251,B0263
3.Which Platform are you using the product(s) on?
Jetson Nano
4.Which instruction are you following?
https://www.arducam.com/docs/camera-for-jetson-nano/multiple-cameras-on-the-jetson-nano/camarray-arducam-1mp2-stereo-camera-mip/#11-check-the-driver
5.Has your product ever worked properly?
yes
6.What problems are you experiencing?
I would like to use both the HQ IMX477 camera and the 1mp*2 stereo camera at the same time on the jetson nano. The problem occurs when installing the drivers as they overwrite each other. Is there a way both can be used?
7.What attempts at troubleshooting have you already made?
Tried both drivers to see if I could get both cameras to work on the same driver
8.How would you like us to help you?

Hi @ACStgwin

This is possible, but the device tree needs to be modified,
Please tell me your L4T version (using cat /etc/nv_tegra_release command)

$ cat /etc/nv_tegra_release
# R32 (release), REVISION: 4.4, GCID: 23942405, BOARD: t210ref, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Fri Oct 16 19:44:43 UTC 2020

Hi @ACStgwin

I configured the CAM0 interface as Jetvariety and the CAM1 interface as IMX477. You need to do the following steps to replace the device tree:

1. Copy tegra210-p3448-0000-p3449-0000-b00-arducam-imx477.dtb to the /boot/arducam directory
  2. Edit the /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf file and modify FDT /boot/arducam/tegra210-p3448-0000-p3449-0000-b00.dtb to FDT /boot/arducam/tegra210-p3448-0000-p3449-0000 -b00-arducam-imx477.dtb
  3. Reboot jetson nano

Awesome! Thank you!

Are the instructions on how to do this ourselves available anywhere?

Hi @ACStgwin

At present, we can provide the relevant source code. If you want to modify the device tree yourself, you need some knowledge about the device tree. We are currently not sure whether users should modify the device tree by themselves, which will cause some problems.

Hi @wong

Could you provide the source code for generating the device tree? I think this device tree won’t work on newer versions of L4T.

Best

Hi @wong;

I’m with @wironomy on this one: Could you provide the source code for generating the device tree? I have a new setup where the Jetvariety cam cannot react CAM0 so they IMX477 is now in CAM0 and the Jetvariety is in CAM1. I would also like to upgrade L4T

1 Like

Hi @acstgwin

You can send the relevant version information to [email protected], and I can send you a kernel patch.