Unable to install IMX519 MIPI Camera driver on Jetson Xavier NX (Jetpack 5)

1. Where did you get the camera module(s)?
    Amazon SG
  2. Model number of the product(s)?
    IMX519
  3. What hardware/platform were you working on?
    Jetson Xavier NX
  4. Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)
    Native-Camera Quick-Start-Guide
  5. Problems you were having?
    Unable to install driver on Jetson Xavier NX with Jetpack 5 (5.10.104 Tegra). The maximum support for Jetson Xavier NX based on imx519_links.txt is up to 4.9.299 Tegra only.
  6. The dmesg log from your hardware? The
    N/A
  7. Troubleshooting attempts you’ve made?
    N/A
  8. What help do you need?
    .deb camera driver support for Jetson Xavier NX using Jetpack 5 and above

@yqchau

Sorry, the latest system is not supported yet.

https://docs.arducam.com/Nvidia-Jetson-Camera/Introduction-to-Arducam-Jetson-Cameras/

Hey @Edward, are there any plans to add support for the latest Jetpack in the near future?

@yqchau

It is planned, but the priority is not high at present. I don’t recommend waiting for our update. I suggest using it on the old version, which is more stable in comparison.

I get the similar problem, this occurred from jetpack unsupported too?
L4T 32.7.3 / JetPack 4.6.3 / Xavier NX

I’ve tried the different version (reinstall using SDK) but it still occurred.
L4T 32.7.2 / JetPack 4.6.2 / Xavier NX / IMX519

@Wipop

Are you using the official carrier board?

Nope, Yahboom’s jetson xavier dev kit.

Update: Now I can install the driver (reach the reboot step without error report). I need to reinstall Jetpack to [L4T 32.7.2 / JetPack 4.6.2] and not transfer the system to SSD (do all in eMMC, found the issue from Camera driver can't installed on jetson NX) and don’t use apt-upgrade that will cause L4T upgraded to 32.7.3.
But Xavier still cant find IMX519 (It found only IMX219).

@Wipop

Sorry, all our support is now only implemented on the official development kit. If you use a third-party kit, it is likely that the bottom plate was made by the third party itself, which may not be usable.

Generally, third-party backplanes will support imx219 and imx477 by default (not necessarily)

We also have no way to support third-party backplanes, there are too many, and we don’t have the energy to support us in doing so.

Okay, thanks for your support.

@Wipop

Thank you for considering our camera.

If you plan to use it for a project, we offer corresponding services to support your needs.

Please feel free to contact [email protected] if you require further assistance.

I have more little question. What affects the camera(IMX519) to work on the official carrier board but not the other third-party board? I2C Switch, PCB Trace, or anything else?

@Wipop

It’s all possible, our device tree is adapted according to the official backplane. The device tree is a description of the hardware. A slight difference in hardware may render the camera unusable.

I can’t judge the hardware information of your carrier board at present, you need to study their manual.

1 Like