Sync Stereo HAT + Rasp 3B+ arducalstill modes not supported

Hi Guys,

I’m trying to capture frame in m12 mode using arducalstill script. But the highest working mode is 10th. If I choose 12th or 11th mode I see standard application output and message “Start preview” after which application halts. I can’t save the frame in file either.

Need help with this.

Thank you.

Hello,

Don’t worry and I will try my best to help you.

Which camera you are using? I will help you test it as soon as possible.

I’m not worry.))))

I’m using Arducam 8MP Synchronized Stereo Camera Bundle Kit for Raspberry Pi.

Hello,

I have tested the imx219 and stereo hat and it can work normally.

Please ensure you have downloaded our new MIPI_Camera.

Please attach me your terminal messages and I will help you check it in detail.

Hi,

Sorry for silence from my side.

I have the same output, but now preview and if I set output file - no output is produced.Terminal

Hi,

I have the same output but no preview or output file (if set).

Hi,

I have the same output but without any preview or output file, if one is set.

My terminal output can be found by reference

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiYWJF-t9c0Vk_cGccgvR6gBQbhKXg

Seems that I can’t past images or links here.

In addition I can mention that I have tried to capture frame using OpenCV and it failed. The terminal output is

select timeout

select timeout

Segmentation fault

As for the MIPI_Camera i got it from here

https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera

Hello, the firmware version you are using is not the same as mine. I have not tested it in Pi 3B+ platform. Can you try it on PI 3B platform. I will try the version you are using.

Hello,

I have tested the firmware version on PI3B and it can work normally. I think it due to the 3B+ poor signal. Please try to set the line length to bigger. Please try to set 0x0162 t0 0x30 using the int arducam_write_sensor_reg(CAMERA_INSTANCE camera_instance, uint16_t address, uint16_t value); API

What do you mean by line length?API function you mentioned?

Hello,

What I mean is that you can use the arducam_write_sensor_reg(CAMERA_INSTANCE camera_instance, uint16_t address, uint16_t value) API to configure the sensor’s line length. you can set the value to bigger to reduce the frame rate. In this way to reduce the pressure on the mipi interface data.