Resolution and lense swap 12MP IMX477 with UC-512

Hi,

1. Where did you get the camera module(s)?
    Kit
    “Arducam 12MP*4 Quadrascopic Camera Bundle Kit for Raspberry Pi, Nvidia Jetson Nano/Xavier NX, Four IMX477 Color Camera Modules and Camarray Camera HAT”
    Arducam 12MP*4 IMX477 Quadrascopic Camera Bundle Kit for Raspberry Pi, Nvidia Jetson Nano/Xavier NX - Arducam

2. Model number of the product(s).

• 4 × 12MP IMX477 Mini High-Quality Camera Module
  • 1 × UC-512 Camarray HAT
  1. What hardware/platform were you working on?
    Raspberry Pi

2. Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)
    N/A

3. Problems you were having.
    Only 1/4 resolution coming from cameras. Throwing away 75% of pixels.

4. The dmesg log from your hardware.
    N/A

5. Troubleshooting attempts you’ve made.
    N/A

6. What help do you need?

I have two questions… one about resolution and one about lense swapping.

1. Is it possible to synchronize all four cameras and keep their full resolution? Right now it seems only 1/4 of the resolution is available to the Pi. For example, take a still photo every so often at the same exact time and at full resolution for all cameras. It would make sense that this is possible, but at a very low FPS (1-5 FPS). Do I need to reprogram the Lattice Crosslink FPGA to do this? Is there information about this or is the code for the Crosslink chip open source? Any help would be appreciate as my application absolutely requires full resolution. I also do not want to just throw away 75% of the pixels from these cameras.

2. On the 12MP IMX477 Mini High-Quality Camera Module there is a Low Distortion M12 lense, can I change this lense? I would like to use a larger FOV M12 lense like the ones you buy from Amazon named Arducam? Like https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088D85GGX/

Hi,
We crop the resolution for each camera because the Camera Bundle Kit needs to correspond to the Raspberry Pi camera driver. If we show the full res of four cameras, it will be rejected by the RPI and like ISP, etc will not support the Camera Bundle Kit anymore.
I’m not sure if the Switch Composition Mode will be suitable for your project, but you can give it a try.
https://docs.arducam.com/Raspberry-Pi-Camera/Multi-Camera-CamArray/quick-start/#switch-composition-mode

Regarding this problem, you need to consult the sales department(you can contact [email protected])