Repeated Photo-Taking with Teensy 3.6

1.Which seller did you purchase the product(s) from?
Amazon
2.The Model number of the product(s) you have purchased?
OV2640 MINI 2MP PLUS
3.Which Platform are you using the product(s) on?
Teensy 3.6
4.Which instruction are you following?
5.Has your product ever worked properly?
Works intermittently
6.What problems are you experiencing?
Hello,

The project I am working on requires an ArduCam OV2640 Mini 2MP Plus to take pictures at regular intervals (I haven’t decided the interval, but a couple frames per second most likely), and save them to an SD card on a Teensy 3.6. I’m not very experienced with the Arduino IDE, so I’ve mainly tried to use the example code found here: https://github.com/ArduCAM/Arduino/blob/master/ArduCAM/examples/mini/ArduCAM_Mini_2MP_Plus_Multi_Capture2SD/ArduCAM_Mini_2MP_Plus_Multi_Capture2SD.ino, with CS being set to the proper pin I’m using and replacing the SD_CS variable with “BUILTIN_SDCARD”, which is how Teensy communicates with the card.

When run, the camera is very inconsistent depending on what FRAMES_NUM is set to. At 0x04, it takes five photos as it should, but at 0xFF it doesn’t take any. And no matter what FRAMES_NUM is set at, the camera will only take between 1 and 3 sets of pictures before stopping. I’m getting no indication of any errors or other problems, it just doesn’t work.
7.What attempts at troubleshooting have you already made?

8.How would you like us to help you?
Advise on how FIFO works with the camera, how Arducam works with Teensy microcontrollers, and how to repeatedly take pictures to an SD card.

Hi,

Do you have a Arduino UNO? I recommend that you use UNO to test the camera hardware is normal.

A description of the example’s functionality can be found in the comments at the beginning of the example you are using.