Raspberry Pi 4 Issues with OV2311 Camera

Hi,

Sorry for my late reply. I have optimized my lib and add support for your Pi4B(b03114), Please try to download our new library and test again.

Feel free to let me know if you need more help.

Hello, thank you for your response. I was able to test with Pi4B rev. 1.2 (b03112) which seems OK. Unfortunately there is no change with rev. 1.4 (b03114) - it still does not work and throws error 4099 with arducamstill.

Unfortunately the Ethernet freezing issue still persists on b03112 and on a03111 boards.

(commit 546527c)

Hi,

I have optimized it just now again. Please download it and try it again.

Hi, thanks again for your effort.

It’s interesting, since the first arducamstill run after reboot throws “Can’t detect the supported hardware version, Couldn’t open I2C device, init camera status = 4097”. The second arducamstill execution runs OK and works from this time on. Thanks.

(still the Ethernet freezing issue persists).

Hello,

Don’t worry and I will test it lately.

The driver has been updated in the MIPI Cam Repo. If anyone still has the ethernet freezing issue, clone the repo with the latest commit and follow the steps. It solved the issue for me.

Solved for rev1.4?

Hello,

Yes, Recently, I have optimized the lib and fix the ethernet issue and add support for Rev1.4 version board. Please download the latest version lib.

Hello,

thanks, I can confirm that the ethernet issue is now SOLVED for both Rev1.2 and Rev1.4 of Pi4B.

Good job!

Great to hear that. You are welcome.

Hello,

I am using an OV2311 on Rpi4 with Raspbian buster.

Any news on the 640*480 resolution with regards to post #28287 ?

Thanks,

Paul