OV9782 issues with windows 11

1. Where did you get the camera module(s)?
    uctronics

2. Model number of the product(s)?
    OV9782

3. What hardware/platform were you working on?
    BeeLink, Win11

4. Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)
    All

5. Problems you were having?
    we need to work with multiple UVC cameras on our PC, need to uniquely identify each one, there is no way to do so, both “friendly name” and “serial number” keeps changing to default values
    already tied the serial number tool, but everything we disconnect one camera the driver changes is name

6. The dmesg log from your hardware?

7. Troubleshooting attempts you’ve made?

8. What help do you need?
    need a way to distinguish or identify each module uniquely, using regular windows driver properties or dedicated API/SDK (which i don’t know exists)

Hi,
Thank you for your reporting.

I cannot figure out this sentence. Do you mean that you can not manage to modify the module name and serial number via the serial number tool?

Not exactly, i am able to change it but it doesn’t stick, if you change USB ports or if you unplug and then replug the camera, it sometimes returns to the “default” name

my main question is: when working with multiple camera modules (all OV9782) how do you identify each uniquely? which USB property is unique and if it not dependent of USB port or same PC? is there a manufacturer library/sdk i can use to identity some unique property?

Thanks

@Liran

If you want to change the serial number, you can contact [email protected]

1. sent a message to the email you mentioned
  2. here is a link with a screen shot showing the issue on our system, after using the tool to modify the serial/device name screenshot link

@Liran

Some cameras do not support the use of this tool.

There is a list of supported ones at the bottom of the document

https://docs.arducam.com/UVC-Camera/Serial-Number-Tool-Guide/#7supported-uvc-camera-module

If you want to modify the serial name in an unsupported camera, you need to contact us by email
I just confirmed the email with the relevant person, but they said they did not receive your email

I just sent it again to the email address you gave “[email protected]”, appreciate if you can verify my email with them

@Liran

They seem to be off work.
I want to tell you a new development, I found that support table was too old, so I asked them to update it, they will confirm which cameras support this tool and which do not.

A very detailed form will come out next week. If your camera is not on the support form, it will be a custom service. I want to explain this situation to you first.

I will also ask relevant personnel at the same time, whether your camera supports the use of tools. I think we’ll solve the problem faster by doing this.

But that might take a while to get back to you next week, since I’m going over the weekend now. Happy weekend to you too.