OV9281 not working/freezes with raspberry pi 4 b - No preview image or file

1.Which seller did you purchase the product(s) from?
Robotshop
2.The Model number of the product(s) you have purchased?
UC-599
3.Which Platform are you using the product(s) on?
Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB w/ 32GB Sanddisk SD Card using HDMI0 to a monitor at 1920*1080
4.Which instruction are you following?
I first followed the instructions here in the quick start guide: https://www.arducam.com/docs/cameras-for-raspberry-pi/migrated/ov9281-1mp-global-shutter-raspberrypi-camera/, and then the one here https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera/tree/master/RPI
5.Has your product ever worked properly?
No
6.What problems are you experiencing?
I have tried on a fresh install of raspberry pi os still doesn’t work.

When i did this i first followed the tutorial here, and I managed to see a preview of the camera using Yavta, but the image was extremely dark. After this I followed the tutorial on github, including the section marked "For PI 4 Platform, as well as every other step. When i run ./arducamstill, i get the following error:

After this the program gets stuck and I have to manually close the termina; (doesn’t respond to ctrl-c). I note that it stops before the example screenshots on the Github tutorial says ‘can’t open the file’, perhaps it tries to open a file and cannot terminate that process? Just a guess.

Interestingly, the second time I tried it I forgot to do the quickstart guide and when I ran arducamstill it got further to the line where it said “Start Preview”, but still got no preview and it did not write any images. When i then put ‘dtoverlay=ov9281’ into config.txt it went back to how it was in that screenshot above.
7.What attempts at troubleshooting have you already made?
I have tried rebooting, giving 512mb of GPU memory etc. I really can’t figure out what’s the problem. I’ve checked I have it connected to the PI correctly which I believe i do.
8.How would you like us to help you?
Suggestions for fixes

Hello,

Don’t worry and I will try my best to help you.

For the OV9281 sensor, it has two drivers, the unicam and MIPI_Camera, if you want to visit the camera through the v4l2 tool or yavta, you should add dtoverlay=ov9281 to the /boot/config.txt file. If you want to use MIPI_Camera driver and ./arducamstill application, you should delete or comment the dtoverlay=oc9281. Because both of them can’t work at the same time. Please comment the dtoverlay=0v9281 and refer to the user guide here

https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera/tree/master/RPI

Hi, I have now uncommented dtoverlay=ov9281, although I now progress slightly further in the arducamstill program (I see the green text and it no longer crashes my terminal), i get no preview of the video. When i add -o test.jpg as an argument, it gets stuck on encoding the image and i get an error telling me the encoder has timed out.

Hello,

Recently I am optimizing the MIPI_Camera driver in order to compatible with CM4 and other system. Some problems may be occurred during the debug. Please download the latest version to try. tomorrow I have updated the latest version. Feel free to let me know if you need more help. I will keep on updating the lib.