OV7670 and OV7725 on Teensy 4.0 for night sky

Hello,

I am trying to use OV7670 and OV7725 on an Arduino Teensy 4.0.

My aim is to take at least 1 frame per second of the night sky.

I need to be able to see around 2° of sky and “see” stars, if possible to a magnitude 6 or so…

I am looking on any advice I can get on what lens to use (I was thinking about a 30mm lens with 50mm focal length). How to physically attach said lens to the sensor board. And how to configure the sensor. I do NOT need a high resolution. 320240 or so is plenty enough for me (I can even probably go down to 160120).

Since the Teensy 4.0 has a lot of memory and humpf, I can easily store the resulting picture in RAM, which helps.

Thanks,

Cyrille

Hi,

Before choosing a lens, I need to confirm whether you have successfully used OV7670 and OV7725 on an Arduino Teensy 4.0. As far as I know, the OV7670 and OV7725 can only be used with shield v2 board on Arduino uno, not directly.As for Arduino Teensy 4.0, since we have not tested it, we are not sure.
If you can get images normally on Arduino Teensy 4.0, please contact the sales email([email protected]) for specific lens to use.

Hello,

Yes, I have managed to connect a 7670 on a Teensy4.0 and I am getting images.

For the moment, I have only tested in daylight. Night stars is my next step and where I need help.

Obviously, pointing the minuscule “native” lens of the 7670 module to the sky shows nothing. Hence the need for something better there.

Cyrille

Hi,

I have understood your needs. For specific lens purchase issues, you can contact the sales representative email ([email protected]), thank you.