OV5642 "Sketch Too big" when compiling for Arduino Nano

1.Which seller did you purchase the product(s) from?

2.The Model number of the product(s) you have purchased?

3.Which Platform are you using the product(s) on?
Arduino Nano
4.Which instruction are you following?

5.Has your product ever worked properly?

6.What problems are you experiencing?
Hello. So i am having this problem when im trying to compile/upload the “ArduCAM_Mini_5MP_OV5642_Plus_Functions”.

Arduino: 1.6.13 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino Nano, ATmega328P”

Build options changed, rebuilding all
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\ArduCAM\examples\mini\ArduCAM_Mini_5MP_OV5642_Plus_Functions\ArduCAM_Mini_5MP_OV5642_Plus_Functions.ino:28:1: warning: narrowing conversion of ‘240’ from ‘int’ to ‘char’ inside { } [-Wnarrowing]

};

^

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\ArduCAM\examples\mini\ArduCAM_Mini_5MP_OV5642_Plus_Functions\ArduCAM_Mini_5MP_OV5642_Plus_Functions.ino:28:1: warning: narrowing conversion of ‘196’ from ‘int’ to ‘char’ inside { } [-Wnarrowing]

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\ArduCAM\examples\mini\ArduCAM_Mini_5MP_OV5642_Plus_Functions\ArduCAM_Mini_5MP_OV5642_Plus_Functions.ino:28:1: warning: narrowing conversion of ‘196’ from ‘int’ to ‘char’ inside { } [-Wnarrowing]

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\ArduCAM\examples\mini\ArduCAM_Mini_5MP_OV5642_Plus_Functions\ArduCAM_Mini_5MP_OV5642_Plus_Functions.ino:28:1: warning: narrowing conversion of ‘248’ from ‘int’ to ‘char’ inside { } [-Wnarrowing]

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\ArduCAM\examples\mini\ArduCAM_Mini_5MP_OV5642_Plus_Functions\ArduCAM_Mini_5MP_OV5642_Plus_Functions.ino:28:1: warning: narrowing conversion of ‘224’ from ‘int’ to ‘char’ inside { } [-Wnarrowing]

Sketch uses 39,240 bytes (127%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30,720 bytes.
Global variables use 415 bytes (20%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,633 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
processing.app.debug.RunnerException: Sketch too big; see http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#size for tips on reducing it.
at cc.arduino.Compiler.size(Compiler.java:336)
at cc.arduino.Compiler.build(Compiler.java:159)
at processing.app.SketchController.build(SketchController.java:643)
at processing.app.Editor$BuildHandler.run(Editor.java:1795)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Sketch too big; see http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#size for tips on reducing it.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

I tried installing Arduino version from the newest to this one above.

I see other people on the Internet having no problem for this… So any solutions? Thanks
7.What attempts at troubleshooting have you already made?
Install another version of Arduino IDE
8.How would you like us to help you?

Hi,

You can refer to the steps in this link to check if there are any problems with the steps.

Hi,

i followed all the steps but still got the same error. Only things that different is the camera and the board. I use OV5642 and Arduino Nano

Hi,

Phenomenally, the program you are using does not support your board, and the program storage space of your board is too small. You may need to optimize the code to reduce the space.