- Where did you get the camera module(s)?
supplier (amicus engineering)
- Model number of the product(s)?
Dual 2MP OV2710
- What hardware/platform were you working on?
Linux Ubuntu, Linux Debian
- Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)
UVC Camera Module - Arducam
- Problems you were having?
Camera only shows black and white (B&W), I expect color images
- The dmesg log from your hardware?
how to generate one?
- Troubleshooting attempts you’ve made?
Use AMCAP, I am able to see the color image
- What help do you need?
Seems like this dual camera has VR and IR mode.
IR mode is by default showing B&W and somehow the OpenCV takes this by default.
When I tried to run “v4l2-ctl --list-devices” in terminal, it throws the following responses.
Camera VR: Camera VR (usb-0000:02:02.0-1):
Camera IR: Camera IR (usb-0000:02:02.0-2):
So in my python code, I use “cap = cv2.VideoCapture(0)”
which refer to /dev/video0. This suppose to be the VR image but looks like I get an IR image.
How to fix this behavior?