OV2640 camera module not working

Hi. I have the OV2640 camera module, which I am hoping to eventually use with an FPGA to send RGB images over VGA. I’m currently testing it out just to make sure I’m using it right, and I haven’t been able to get any response out of it. When providing it with power/gnd, pulling reset and powerdown up/down as necessary, and providing it with a clock signal, the camera is not responding in anyway. I have a very similar camera module made with the OV7670 sensor, and it works perfectly when I do this. Any advice? Am I missing a setup step? Thanks so much.

Hi,

The 0v2640 is different from 7670. For the ov2640, you should init it before getting image data.

Please refer to our demo herehttps://github.com/ArduCAM/Arduino/tree/master/ArduCAM/examples/mini/ArduCAM_Mini_2MP_OV2640_functions

Thanks so much, this is really helpful! Quick follow up question: I’m running the code, and it’s not successfully writing to/reading from the registers in the first step. I’m guessing this is because I don’t have the wires hooked up correctly, but before I get too far in, I wanted to confirm whether or not these steps should work without the Arduino shield? I didn’t get the shield because I’m planning to feed the output data into an FPGA, and I’m just using an Arduino right now to understand how to get the camera set up. Should this approach work, or would it work with minor modifications to the code?

Hi…I tried the same program on the same ESP, just changed the camera module with OV2640 (version AF2569) and it worked OK.My question is does the PINS should be differently specified for the OV2640 (version XRZ00D1) ?
Also physically these two cameras (XRZ00D1 and AF2569 ) look slightly different.

Hello,

Sorry for my late reply, I am too busy recently.

Q1: I wanted to confirm whether or not these steps should work without the Arduino shield?

A1: The plan you mentioned is feasible. However, our current design does not connect the i2c signal to fpga. So, you must use other master controller init the camera through the i2c bus.

Q2:My question is does the PINS should be differently specified for the OV2640 (version XRZ00D1) ?
Also physically these two cameras (XRZ00D1 and AF2569 ) look slightly different.

A2: Would you like to attach me some pictures about the two version you mentioned?

hello,

i am using esp-32 camera module with arduino uno for face detection .I m getting blur images on screen when the circuit is on.i tried changing the settings available on screen , but theres no change.Also the camera stops sometimes and also image gets still.Please give the possible solutions on these problems.

Hi,

Please describe in detail which model of camera you are using, which platform, which example is running, which parameters are set, and detailed operation steps so that we can better solve the problem for you. It is best to send a complete operation is a video. Thank you!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iMxGFJUGEw9xqeMz9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/E9xfMP1fXzEBnZou7

Have attached above links of video of whole operation and a photo of image onscreen.I have used Arduino Uno for operation.kindly give me the possible solution

Hi,

Dear customer, I watched your operation video. First of all, I will tell you directly the reason for the image problem. It is a network problem and your wifi signal is not good. I suggest you use the AP mode of esp32 to try again.
Secondly, I found that the esp32 board you are using is not our product, we may not know enough, so if you still have any questions, you can contact the seller of the esp32 board you are using. Thank you!

okay . But i didnt understood AP mode ? how to select it ? can you please tell?

Hi,

You can refer to this example:https://github.com/espressif/arduino-esp32/blob/master/libraries/WiFi/examples/WiFiAccessPoint/WiFiAccessPoint.ino

the example link that you have send me should be added to the code i used previously ?or this given example includes whole code of APmode as well as looking for an image?

Hi shreyasawant,

you can contact the seller of the esp32 board you are using. Thank you!