Noob question on stereo camarray

1. Where did you get the camera module(s)? Haven’t purchased it yet

2. Model number of the product(s)? Arducam 12MP*2 Synchronized Stereo Camera Bundle Kit for Raspberry Pi and Pi zero, Two 12.3MP IMX477 Camera Modules with CS Lens and Camarray Stereo Camera HAT - Arducam

3. What hardware/platform were you working on? RPi

4. Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)

5. Problems you were having?

6. The dmesg log from your hardware?

7. Troubleshooting attempts you’ve made?

8. What help do you need?

Completely dumb question since I’m a noob at cameras. I’d like to use the two camera RPi hat (Arducam 12MP*2 Synchronized Stereo Camera Bundle Kit for Raspberry Pi and Pi zero, Two 12.3MP IMX477 Camera Modules with CS Lens and Camarray Stereo Camera HAT - Arducam) to video 190° FOV at 1080P/120 FPS, specifically a soccer field from the half line. The IMX477 specs state that it support 1080P/240 but does anyone know whether the RPi hat will support it (both hardware and software driver) and mate the two video streams side-by-side at the same resolutions (so that the video will not be squished)? I’ve sent an email to Sales last week but didn’t receive a response.

Unfortunately, although the camera can theoretically support up to 1080p@240, it can only support up to 1080p@60 on the Raspberry Pi.

Currently only half combine is supported on Raspberry Pi (e.g. output 1920x1080, half of each camera → 2x960x1080)

Thanks Wong. That might actually work. I guess I’ll buy it and find out!