Multiplexing limit with Arducam Multi Camera V2.2

Hi All,

Is there a limit to the amount of cameras I can run (one at a time is fine) using multiple Arducam V2.2?

If one board runs 4 cams can I chain more boards to run more cams? use 5 boards to run 16 cams (one board as the splitter and 4 more boards for each of the cameras- giving me 16 cams) can i follow that logic to then run even more cameras? (1 board with 4 boards plugged in and another 4 boards plugged in to each of those boards, giving me 64 cameras?)

apologies if my terminology is incorrect but i hope you understand what im asking.

Thanks for any help.

Hi All,

Is there a limit to the amount of cameras I can run (one at a time is fine) using multiple Arducam V2.2?

If one board runs 4 cams can I chain more boards to run more cams? use 5 boards to run 16 cams (one board as the splitter and 4 more boards for each of the cameras- giving me 16 cams) can i follow that logic to then run even more cameras? (1 board with 4 boards plugged in and another 4 boards plugged in to each of those boards, giving me 64 cameras?)

another scenario: (if the above is a dud) could i run 8 raspberry Pi’s with 4 cameras each via multi camera v2.2 and have the raspberry pi’s linked so they would trigger each other once the Pi had completed its four images?

Pi 1 - cam 1 - cam 2 - cam 3- cam 4 , Pi 2- cam 1 - cam 2 - cam 3- cam 4 and so on…

apologies if my terminology is incorrect but i hope you understand what im asking.

Thanks for any help

Hi,

Your idea is very ideal, but it is impossible for our current Multi Camera V2.2 board.
First of all, each Multi Camera V2.2 has its own I2C address. If you mount more than one, it will cause an address conflict.
Secondly, the chip program on Multi Camera V2.2 has been fixed and cannot be expanded.
I have to say that your idea is very cool, if you need us to help you realize it, you can contact the sales email <[email protected]> for customization.

One point that needs to be added is that if 16 cameras are running at the same time, it means that the frame rate of each camera can reach up to one sixteenth of the original when the Raspberry Pi takes pictures.