Multiple B0196 streaming via UV4L

Hello,

I’m trying to stream 2 B0196 USB/UVC cameras over UV4L on a Raspberry Pi 3B+.

After installing the related UV4L Raspicam and UVC modules (Raspicam module seems to be required), the Pi recognizes the devices and I can start the UV4L server but the stream (1 camera) contains no image(s).

Same result after removing 1 camera.

I see some info on the web regarding UVC and Linux, but not Raspbian. And I’m unsure how to get both cameras working - docs on the web are not clear.

The uvc-utils module is installed with the aforementioned modules, as per the Arducam docs.

Note that I have had success with the RPi camera without UVC, so I am a bit familiar with UV4L.

Any online references / resources I can look at, or suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks very much,
Doug

I have not tested it before. Can you tell me your detail operation steps and I can help you test it and reply you as soon as possible.

Thanks bin,

Seems UV4L doesn’t work properly on a Pi without the uv4l-raspicam module, even though I’m using uvc.

So, using the latest RPI image on a 3B+, I installed the UV4L core, server and raspicam related modules as per the instructions on the UV4L project site.

I then installed the uv4l-uvc module.

I confirmed module responses on your uvc page. With 2 B0196 connected, using ‘lsusb’ I can see both B0196s, and with ‘v4l2-ctl --list-devices’ I can see many devices, including dev/video0/1 and dev/video2/3.

I started the UV4L server using the uvc driver with the following (basic) command…

uv4l –driver uvc –device-id 001:004

Loading the Pi’s IP into a browser, I can see the UV4L info screen, but when I load /stream, or /stream/video.h264, I see a blank screen. No stream.

After attempting to view in the browser, ‘v4l2-ctl --list-devices’ no longer raises the devices.

Given these challenges, I haven’t yet attempted to troubleshoot a second B0196. Just trying to get one working first.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Doug

Thanks bin,

Seems UV4L doesn’t work properly on a Pi without the uv4l-raspicam module, even though I’m using uvc.

So, using the latest RPI image on a 3B+, I installed the UV4L core, server and raspicam related modules as per the instructions on the UV4L project site at https://www.linux-projects.org/uv4l/installation/

I confirmed module responses on your page at https://www.arducam.com/docs/uvc-camera-module/use-arducam-uvc-cameras-on-linux/uvc-cameras-on-linux-command-line/
With 2 B0196 connected, using ‘lsusb’ I can see both B0196s, and with ‘v4l2-ctl --list-devices’ I can see many devices, including dev/video0/1 and dev/video2/3.

I started the UV4L server using the uvc driver with the following, basic command…

uv4l –driver uvc –device-id 001:004

Loading the Pi’s IP into a browser, I can see the UV4L info screen, but when I load /stream, or /stream/video.h264, I see a blank screen. No stream.

After attempting to view in the browser, ‘v4l2-ctl --list-devices’ no longer raises the devices.

Given these challenges, I haven’t yet attempted to troubleshoot a second B0196. Just trying to get one working first.

Thanks,
Doug

Thanks bin,

So, using the latest RPI image on a 3B+, I installed the UV4L core, server and raspicam related modules as per the instructions on the UV4L project site at https://www.linux-projects.org/uv4l/installation/

I confirmed module responses on your page at https://www.arducam.com/docs/uvc-camera-module/use-arducam-uvc-cameras-on-linux/uvc-cameras-on-linux-command-line/
With 2 B0196 connected, using ‘lsusb’ I can see both B0196s, and with ‘v4l2-ctl --list-devices’ I can see many devices, including dev/video0/1 and dev/video2/3.

I started the UV4L server using the uvc driver with the following, basic command…

‘uv4l –driver uvc –device-id 001:004’

Thanks,
Doug

Thanks bin,

Thanks,
Doug

Hello,

I’ve attempted to reply, but am having difficulty with posting. Are there other options?

Doug

Thanks bin,
I have removed the links in an effort to get this posted.

So, using the latest RPI image on a 3B+, I installed the UV4L core, server and raspicam related modules as per the instructions on the UV4L project site.

I confirmed module responses on your ‘UVC Cameras on Linux – Command Line Operations’ page. With 2 B0196 connected, using ‘lsusb’ I can see both B0196s, and with ‘v4l2-ctl --list-devices’ I can see many devices, including dev/video0/1 and dev/video2/3.

I started the UV4L server using the uvc driver with the following (basic) command…

Thanks,
Doug

Hi,

Thank you for this detailed sharing, I will learn about uv4l2 today.

Hello,

Today I have tried to test the uv4l tool. I have isntall all the dependent libraries. I plug my uvc camera and run the lsusb command

then I runt the uv4l -driver uvc -device-id 0c45:6366 command and I get those errors:

I don’t know why.

Hi bin,

The device-id value (0c45:6366) is incorrect (in my experience). It should be the bus:dev values, so device-id 001:009. There are other device-[] options but I haven’t tried those.

Doug

Hi,

I have try that, the same error. I have other things to deal with recently, I will try again when I have time.

Hello,

Checking in to see if there has been any progress regarding a B0196 USB/UVC cameras over UV4L on a Raspberry Pi.

Thanks very much,
Doug