Multi_Adapter_Board_4Channel

Hi, I was following step by step on github. Up to step " sudo ./init_camera.sh" , it shows that " Cant find video0 device…". I try to follow your suggestion at the bottle of github page but I could not get it right. I wonder what is the command line to “add dtparam=i2c_vc=on to /boot/config.txt”

I try to build a 360 degree bird view on your multi-adapter-board- 4 channels for my RC car. If you have someone who can help me with troubleshoot that would be awesom

Hi Sir/Madam,

Thanks for contacting Arducam.

We have updated the source code, you can view it via the below link:

https://github.com/ArduCAM/RaspberryPi/tree/master/Multi_Camera_Adapter/Multi_Adapter_Board_4Channel/Multi_Camera_Adapter_V2.2_C%2B%2B

Meanwhile, you can view the documentation via the below link first:

https://www.arducam.com/docs/cameras-for-raspberry-pi/multi-camera-adapter-board/multi-camera-adapter-board-v2-1/

If you have any questions, kindly contact us.

Thank you.

Hi,
While the 4 cameras multi_adapter _ board connected on the Raspberry Pi, I wondered if it is still possible to get access to the 4 video data from raspberry pi via MATLAB Support Package for Raspberry Pi Hardware.

Frankly speaking, the multi-camera board is designed for still image not for real video.

This demo we built for video is mimic the video streaming, the performance is not very good.

We now have an upgrade version stereo camera HAT for raspberry pi camera, will release soon.

Hi Lee,

Thank you for letting me know. For the stereo camera HAT,the Synchronized Stereo Camera HAT for Raspberry Pi, what is the fps for video recording?

Hello,

For 4-1 stereo hat, different cameras have different frame rates with different resolutions. We tested the OV9281 4-in-1 resolution of 1280*4 x 800, which can reach 30fps on the Raspberry Pi and 45fps on the jetson Nano.

Hello,

I have a v2.2 and I was able to get 2 cameras working with the C++ previewOpencv executable. However, I cannot get the python scripts working. Could you send me the documentation to run the previewOpencv.py please?

Thank you.

Hello,

The python demo is used for 4 cameras. I have not added cameras port detected at present.

I will try to optimize it as soon as possible.

Hi Bin,

How can I use the python script for 2 cameras? I currently have 2 cameras that I would like to run concurrently.

Thank you

It need to modify the python demo. I will help you write a demo for two cameras and reply you as soon as possible. Or you can refer to our 4 camera demo to modify.

It would be good if you could assist me, thank you so much Bin!

Hello,

I have optimized the script and support the customization of the number of cameras.

If you have two cameras, just define the cmNum=2 which is in the Multi_Camera_Adapter/Multi_Adapter_Board_4Channel/Multi_Camera_Adapter_V2.2_python/AdapterBoard.py file. Then connect the camera to the A and B port

Thank you so much, I will try it :slight_smile:

You are welcome. Let me know if you need more help.

Hello,

I have a Arducam Multi Camera Adapter module v2.2 using with Raspberry pi 4B with Python 2.7.16 version, OpenCV 4.5.0 and Numpy 1.16.2. I followed the documentation online and tutorial video. However, I need the python script because I have other things to control with the raspberry pi, but I cannot get the python scripts to work.I did enable the raspi-config for I2C and camera, and also add (dtparam=i2c_vc=on) to the end line in sudo nano /boot/config.txt. I tested the sudo chmod +x init_camera.sh line for the files in the python folder and also tested AdapterTestDemo.py code working good but I can’t run and got error in PreviewOpencv.py programming .

I have a v2.2 and I was able to get 4 cameras working with the C++ previewOpencv executable. However, I cannot get the python scripts working. Actually I want capture image using 4 camera when press key. Could you send me the documentation to run the previewOpencv.py please?

Thank you.

Hello,

In fact, you can get detail operation in the video demo https://www.arducam.com/docs/cameras-for-raspberry-pi/multi-camera-adapter-board/multi-camera-adapter-board-v2-1/

Feel free to let me know if you need more help.

Hello Bin,

Thank you so much, now working for me when I changed camera = cv.VideoCapture(0) to camera = cv.VideoCapture(-1) because I using Picamera.

Is that possible that we can use 4 Arducam 8MP Pan Tilt Zoom PTZ Camera with Arducam multi camera adapter for auto zoom each of camera using single Raspberry Pi 4 B+ or we can create a code specific(I2C) for adjust zoom and focus using arduino microcontroller.

Thank you.

Hello,

I think if you use external power, maybe it will be OK. I think it is a great idea to use arduino microcontroller, which can driver the PTZ lens and the pi just receive image and display.

Hello,

Thank you for your guidance and support bin. I keep on trying in programming for adjust PTZ lens but still errors. Can i get any references code for adjust PTZ lens?

Thank You Bin

About the PTZ lens control, please refer to the code I attached for you https://github.com/ArduCAM/PTZ-Camera-Controller/tree/master/PTZ_IMX477_Controller/pyCode

Feel free to let me know if you need more help.