MT9P001 + USB3 shield produces demo "fried" photo

1.Which seller did you purchase the product(s) from?
Robotshop and Dlscorp
2.The Model number of the product(s) you have purchased?
Arducam 5MP MT9P001 Color Camera Breakout Board w/ M12 Lens, USB3 UC-425 Rev. C shield, ArduCAM Parallel Adapter Board
3.Which Platform are you using the product(s) on?
I’ve tried both Raspberry Pi 4 and Linux x86_64; same issue for both.
4.Which instruction are you following?
5.Has your product ever worked properly?
6.What problems are you experiencing?
I’m not sure what the technical description for what I’m seeing is but the photo looks “fried”. See below for screenshot from Github Python Streaming demo using this MT9P001 config.

These are photos from the Arducam module of a box of Bicycle playing cards. Here is what it looks like from a phone camera.


Are there values I should try altering in the config file?

This is the sample code I am using:

7.What attempts at troubleshooting have you already made?
I tried a couple changes to MT9P001 config file – no improvement.
8.How would you like us to help you?
I would like guidance on whether to try different values for config or if I need to reorder parts.

The forums just got migrated to Discourse and I lost my photos on original post. Here they are again.

  1. Fried photo of Bicycle playing cards
  2. iPhone photo of Bicycle playing cards
    3…5: Hardware photos

This configuration file is for directly connecting the camera to UC-425.

To use the UC-425+UC-547 combination, you need to use this configuration file, because the performance of the old version of USB3.0 is limited, and the 12-bit mode needs to be reduced to 6fps. The new version of USB3.0 (UC-593) can reach 12fps.

USB3.0_UC-425_Rev.C+UC-547 (1.9 KB)

Best Regards,

Kai from Arducam Support Team

Thanks, Kai! This worked!